Keith Flint (Prodigy)

shuttlep

I suppose im the absence of a suicide note, and with chems in his system, they can't rule that he did what he did with the intention of death, and not some old Tory MP/Hutchence style auto erotic asphyxiation or something. 

Edited by fatyeti24

3 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I suppose im the absence of a suicide note, and with chems in his system, they can't rule that he did what he did with the intention of death, and not some old Tory MP/Hutchence style auto erotic asphyxiation or something. 

Thanks Yeti, i’d been struggling to post something similar for 5 minutes without your degree of sensitivity

Sorry am I missing something or do people generally "lark around" with a noose in the house by themselves while taking drugs? 

Its a balance of probability thing here so the coroner is saying that suicide doesn't seem more than 50% likely. That seems like nonsense to me.

9 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

2 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Sorry am I missing something or do people generally "lark around" with a noose in the house by themselves while taking drugs? 

Its a balance of probability thing here so the coroner is saying that suicide doesn't seem more than 50% likely. That seems like nonsense to me.

Cocaine, alcohol and codeine. He could've just had a few sups and a toot the night before and then taken a solpedine I suppose. 

5 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

I would assume that he'd need to be a fair bit more than 50% sure to record a cause of death. I've no idea though.

1 hour ago, gherkin8r said:

Yep me too but the coroner needs to be sure and if not then say so, which he now has. Poor old Keith had a well earned celebrity life style so in that respect the coroner needs to be sure he's getting this right (dare I say more than usual) or it'll shit in his face big time in a few years.

Edited by Cooter

18 hours ago, gigpusher said:

To be fair the family may well be happy with that verdict it means insurance companies will have to pay out on life insurance if he had it. 

This is true

18 hours ago, Cooter said:

Yep me too but the coroner needs to be sure and if not then say so, which he now has. Poor old Keith had a well earned celebrity life style so in that respect the coroner needs to be sure he's getting this right (dare I say more than usual) or it'll shit in his face big time in a few years.

As far as I know the coroner doesn't need to be sure, they make a call on the balance of probailities rather than it being beyond reasonable doubt. If you rule out foul play then the two scenarios are he intended to kill himself (suicide) or he was "larking around" with a noose (accident). The coroner's ruling implies that neither of these is more likely than the other if I am understanding this right

Edited by gherkin8r

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

Yeah, that was a nice touch.

Plus, the last song I heard at the festival at 5am on the Monday morning was Out of Space, courtesy of Altern 8 and Slipmatt.

Aye the end of the Chems was a really nice nod.

I missed Altern8 by being an idiot and thinking music went on til 6 so walking past the Gas Tower just after 4 thinking "that sounds cool" to dance in the Rum Shack and coming back after. 

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Genuinely surprised, I thought they'd come back under a different guise - was only talking about it Sunday to a mate of mine. 

If they are coming back, surely they'll be on the farm next year?

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

It’s going to be interesting to see how they adapt to life without Keith. I wouldn’t take this as confirmation that they’ll be back as a live act. Doing stuff in a studio is one thing but Keith is irreplaceable in their live shows.

Dunno. I remember hearing the same thing when Leroy left. Keiths involvement live in the early days was limited enough. They could scale it back to something like that.

Chems, Orbital etc don't have a Keith or a Maxim and still headline gigs. They'll have to adapt of course. Maybe more visuals/screens. 

Great news about more tunes though. 

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Dunno. I remember hearing the same thing when Leroy left. Keiths involvement live in the early days was limited enough. They could scale it back to something like that.

Chems, Orbital etc don't have a Keith or a Maxim and still headline gigs. They'll have to adapt of course. Maybe more visuals/screens. 

Great news about more tunes though. 

Chems and Orbital are more about samples and guest vocals rather than frontmen. Keith and Maxim were the focal points of the Prodigy's shows. They'll need to do something different as just having Maxim out there on his own would look a bit strange.