Keith Flint (Prodigy)

shuttlep

Just now, Jah_Roots said:

am genuinely gutted and saddened by this news. 

there are only so many albums that come along and perfectly encapsulate the moment of their release - they hold and explain and sum-up a moment in time - for me "Jilted Generation" is one of those albums, not only a genuine masterpiece but also a moment in time, and a big moment in my life.

one of the best live bands ever, in big part to having one of the best frontmen ever - seen them a bunch of times at Glasto and each show was amazing.

RIP Keith.

This. Jilted absolutely a masterpiece and few topped them as a live act. Years since I've seen them now but they were some of the best gigs I ever went to. Always assumed I'd go again.

Very, very sad. 

Only saw them once at Knebworth in 1996, and they were amazing. Not really my thing musically, but enjoyed them immensely and the place went off. All the singles I know are undoubted bangers. I remember him coming down the barriers and leaning over right in front of me, seemed quite scary at the time. 

Undoubtedly a big influence to many. 

Awful news.

One of my favorite live bands, managed to see them about 6 time - Milton Keynes Bowl in 2010 being a highlight as got near the front and the setlist was insane!!! Ached for days after that gig!!

I can't believe he has gone at such young age :( 

2 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

One of my favorite live bands, managed to see them about 6 time - Milton Keynes Bowl in 2010 being a highlight as got near the front and the setlist was insane!!! Ached for days after that gig!!

I can't believe he has gone at such young age :( 

I was at that gig - such a great one. Very happy memories. 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I was at that gig - such a great one. Very happy memories. 

It was absolutely roasting, there was a rise of dust in the bowl every time people jumped around and the beer queues were mental.... but what a gig

Jilted Generation is a near perfect album for me. They probably get more credit for Fat if the Land which was a bigger mainstream record with Firestarter, Smack My Bitch Up and Breathe on it but Jilted Generation is brilliant from start to finish. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2