The 2019 Food Thread

The Nal

3 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I forgot about the crumble place. @Milky Joeshowed me that on the way back to camp on the Sunday night. I took one back to camp for himself. He wasn't best pleased i woke him up but when i explained it was for awesome crumble he was more forgiving. Delicious. 

Which topping did you go for?

16 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

They weren't there but some stalls were selling cartons including their chocolate milkshake. https://shakenudder.com/cartons-at-glastonbury/

Apparently I didn't get my choc from them! Maybe they were all from shake Shack :lol:

I fully intended to try many dessert places like the crumble place, the french toast place ,the deep fried mars bar and the sticky toffee pudding but because it was so bastard hot I mainly ended up eating ice cream. Mendip Moments got a lot of my money. 

65638817_10157391921647065_128845814834397184_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

Which topping did you go for?

Apparently I didn't get my choc from them! Maybe they were all from shake Shack :lol:

Classic apple and custard. Oh and I did try the deep fried mars bar. Not for me but then I prefer my mars bar frozen. The battered chips were fucking awesome from the same place. The fryer truck. Hope they're back next year. 

3 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Classic apple and custard. Oh and I did try the deep fried mars bar. Not for me but then I prefer my mars bar frozen. The battered chips were fucking awesome from the same place. The fryer truck. Hope they're back next year. 

Husband and I shared some battered chips and curry sauce as first dinner one night. We were on a mission to photograph all our food this year to help with the memory but we failed on 2 occasions although that is way better than 2017. I think we almost forgot the battered chips as there's a few missing in the photo. 

18 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Solid choice. I went the apple and custard as well, once with classic topping and once with the toasted nuts. Both awesome, absolutely hit the spot 

42 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I fully intended to try many dessert places like the crumble place, the french toast place ,the deep fried mars bar and the sticky toffee pudding but because it was so bastard hot I mainly ended up eating ice cream. Mendip Moments got a lot of my money. 

65638817_10157391921647065_128845814834397184_n.jpg

Fuck me why did I ignore that place, went by it enough times and that looks right up my street. 

5 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Fuck me why did I ignore that place, went by it enough times and that looks right up my street. 

I basically considered it to be medicine I don't do well in heat and usually avoid it unless I can jump in a swimming pool. 

I did eat some nice things this time but not really that much. Each day I found myself to busy to stop at 'proper' meal times and ended up eating somewhere between midnight and 1am. I actually lost weight over the 5 days mainly due to the heat and overindulging in moshpits.

Went cycling with a group in Belgium and France on the Weds after Glasto for 5 days doing between 50 and 80 miles per day (not very quickly) and managed to put on quite a lot of weight due to cake stops and Belgium beer.

Billy Bragg was a big fan of the crumble place - he said he had to position his mike so that the pillar blocked his view of it when he was on stage as he found it so distracting, wondering what combination to have next and how far through the menu he could get during the festival.

It was an interesting year for food for me really; it did seem as if there was a little less choice than previously and thst the prices had gone up a little.

Things that did stand out:

The Raclette brothers in West Holts were horrific. £9 for an inedible breakfast.

Goan Fish Curry was still very very good, but it was a case of where is the fish???

This is the first time that I haven’t had an Oggie; couldn’t face the stodgy in the heat.

The Burrito place on the approach to the Other Stage was really pretty good and massive. 

Did anyone else have trouble eating in the heat? I think that I may have eaten less then I ever have!

Cant remember the names of the places I ate... but I had a great Katsu Bao by williams green, a great Kebab from opposite that stall. Rubbish chilli topped chips from back of the other stage field (about 2 tables spoons of chilli). 

Had a great massive onion baji but cant remember where I was haha! Had a lovely Haloumi Burrito from the field just above T&C field.

4 hours ago, sadimmock said:

The Raclette brothers in West Holts were horrific. £9 for an inedible breakfast.

Urgh they were utterly awful weren't they. Absolute shite on a plate. I did a warning on this thread on the Wednesday evening. Ended up chucking my food away it was so bad. Thankfully my choices for the rest of the weekend were infinitely better. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Someone mentioned Halls Dorset Smokery, they have been around the donkeys years, a friend used to work for them.

Did anyone have much luck nicking the odd bit of food from the stalls? Was easy enough, always target the ones where they give you the food and ask for the money afterwards, then peg it. Admittedly these are pretty few and far between.

One year we had a very good ruse. We would go around the stalls pretending to work for a different stall, and doing a food exchange. "hi mate, I work for so and so, are you doing exchanges this year? Come to so and so stall and see me later for free food, could I try some of yours in return?"

Worked virtually every time!  

Edited by jimbarkanoodle
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Airlie said:

Pakora from peckish Peacock was pretty good! £5 for a good portion too.

I had a roti wrap from the Peckish Peacock on Sunday lunchtime, but the curry in the wrap was more like a soup, so it was impossible to eat as a wrap. Flavour was good though, and Mrs Blutarsky had a lovely pakora.