The 2019 Food Thread

The Nal

As others have stated, the paella place on Williams Green is fabulous, been a staple of mine for several years now.

Favourite "new" (for me) place this year was Halls Dorset Smokery in the park. That wrap was banging.

The Cake Hole in the acoustic field YUMMY. I won a afternoon tea for 4, so had it twice, me & my partner.

Sticky Toffee pudding with caramel sauce & custard.

Proper Coffee in Williams Green, chocolate frappe. The best coffee on site.

The Big Red Bus for toasties at a good price.

9 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

Peckish Peacock absolutely rocked my world. That Chickpea and Spinach Curry with the pakoras is nothing short of phenomenal

That was so good yeah. 

Hippy Chippy went to shit again this year. Greasy rubbish covered in woody uncooked dry rosemary fuck off 

Totted up my dessert intake this year, and it's fair to say that I had something of a sweet tooth on me. Can't think why...

2 x apple & cinnamon crumbles (one standard, one toasted nuts) w/custard from the Crumble Stand

1 x cherry chocolate brownie from Just Desserts

1 x Belgian Waffle with choc sauce & ice cream (can't remember where the waffle stand was)

1 x large churros & choc sauce from the place in the Park

1 x massive flapjack granola bar thing (god knows where)

3 x banana breakfast milkshakes, 1 x choc milkshake and 1 x nutella milkshake (all from Shake Shack)

1 x choc milkshake from Shaken Udder

Not so much a comedown this year as a sugar crash

There was a stall by the temple in the SE corner which served these open vegan chorizo wraps - all the proceeds went to helping refugees in calais(I think?) and it was incredible. Had the worst gas of my life afterwards but oh it was so worth it... TMI?

I think I must have been the only one disappointed by the Peckish Peacock.  Had the curry and pakoras just before Kate Tempest was on, just as they ran out of rice.  The promised extra roti didn't materialise, and the curry was thin and cold.  Pakoras were nice, though.

Maybe a one-off at  busy time?

8 minutes ago, BluePaul said:

I think I must have been the only one disappointed by the Peckish Peacock.  Had the curry and pakoras just before Kate Tempest was on, just as they ran out of rice.  The promised extra roti didn't materialise, and the curry was thin and cold.  Pakoras were nice, though.

Think so. The one I had was a little more watery than the one another in our group had earlier the day before which I had a bit of. Still tasty though. Good clean food too. 

4 hours ago, BluePaul said:

No, I thought the same. Also their kitchen was filthy (not necessarily unhygienic but certainly stuff everywhere) when a I visited on the Sunday. Seemed like they had just given up trying to keep it in order. 

I wish I'd read this during the festival and gone and got some paella.. I nearly did several times but got distracted with other things.  I'm a huge fan of the gravy train Poutine but the queue was always massive and they're from my hometown anyway so I didn't bother.  I did however have Annie Mac n cheese twice and waffles from a little white van near the pyramid twice.. I think I was just so hot I wanted to think/walk less and just eat what I knew I liked.  

I'll defo check out the recommendations next year tho.. I love a good paella.

Edited by Pipine