The 2019 Food Thread

The Nal

Had a veggie burrito from jumping bean near Other this morn. It was good and it hit the spot but 9 notes is steep. Burger Bear last night was bang on form. The jollof rice from Flavours of Africa tasted like an Uncle Ben microwave job. I'm getting kedgeree before The Turbans tomorrow so I'll report back. That's my food review complete for now.

Le grande bouffe has let me down one too many times now. However the paella place in Williams green was amazing. 

Poutine by leftfield was also not great. For meat eaters the philly cheese steak is delicious. 

Still need to try a bear burger. 

6 hours ago, hurdy said:

Is the cheese steak place near the poutine place please? 

No, Philly steak is in Williams green on the way to West Holt's. Getting another one today or a bear burger. Will decide when it's a little less melty outside. 

• Upvote 1

I've enjoyed Leon's vegetarian at West Holts, Nachos with veg chilli from Tor Rugby Club which I thought was  excellent value. Enjoyed Sam's pies up at the park but thought wasn't best value for money. 

Only place I found a but meh was the vegan stall at Croissant Neuf. Samasos and Bhajis were OK but didn't blow me away but were good value 

I wasn’t impressed by the rice place next to West Holts -pretty bland. 

The veggie curry from Ghandi’s Flip-Flop next West Holts was good . The Tibetan Kitchen near the Pyramid, the South Indian opposite Williams Green and the Mexican next to it were all well worth visiting.

But the best food I’ve had in years at the fest was the Brazilian beef empanadas and salad at the Refugee Community Kitchen In The Common. Fantastic!