The 2019 Food Thread

The Nal

24 minutes ago, jefwefwef said:

So you can kind of do that. There's a menu on the left and you can select the curry tag and it'll only show places that are tagged with curry. Search: I started work on this site like 3 weeks ago, I just didn't have time to get everything in. If the Glastonbury gods approve of this, next year I'll hopefully have full, official data weeks before the festival and can spend plenty of time making everything smooth. If you want that to happen, use it and tell your mates so that I have a case to take to the biwigs! :)

Ah Brill, thanks. I can't see curry in the tags though ?

I'm not taking my smartphone but I'm definitely sending this to my mates who are so they can use it for me! 

6 minutes ago, jefwefwef said:

New map up on https://festifood.eu with loads more stages and paths and camping fields marked on the underlying map. Still only 23 stalls but unless someone onsite right now fancies running around and adding data it's gonna stay that way til Weds when I get in!

So excited to get out and about on site.

Thought parsnipship isn’t there this year?

Top work by the way, can’t wait till it’s updated on Wednesday. 

Edited by HeyPorter
Added paragraph

Had a chicken coconut curry and prawn crackers from that Good Thai Dins place in West Holts a couple of hours ago. Was epic but the spice in it is starting to come back on me now - just had to literally run to the nearest long drops, thankfully found a clean one. 

29 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Stay the fuck away from the raclette bros on west holts. Absolute dirt . Waste of money. Ended up chucking most of it away. How awful do you have to be to fuck melted cheese on anything. 

I came in to say the exact same thing. Sausages like rabbit shit. Gutted I didn’t go to the great place opposite the cider bus like I normally do ?

Don’t know why particularly but food doesn’t seem as great a variety this year. Many iterations of the same thing (halloumi fries anyone) and quite few stores with multiple sites. Quality seems pretty high across board but there is a certain something missing I feel. Probably just me!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Stay the fuck away from the raclette bros on west holts. Absolute dirt . Waste of money. Ended up chucking most of it away. How awful do you have to be to fuck melted cheese on anything. 

I was just thinking about going there so thanks for the heads up ?