The 2019 Food Thread

The Nal

40 minutes ago, Adammm said:

These guys are often at Digbeth Diners Club in Brum. Fish or halloumi and chips with mushy peas done in an Indian style. Really good food and they’re not far from the Pyramid this year. 

0DB20CBA-BD0E-4FAF-AFFE-669E9A0A619C.png

Halloumi Indian style!! I better keep the screen hidden as my wife is Greek Cypriot and there would be ructions.

May have been posted already, another burger joint, and I'm somewhat biased living nearby but one of my favourites - Grazing Shed. Really really nice. Normally a good menu too veggie, vegan, chicken and various meat. This thread is making me hungry.

D7044DCX4AAoVsJ.jpg

13 hours ago, D-Low said:

May have been posted already, another burger joint, and I'm somewhat biased living nearby but one of my favourites - Grazing Shed. Really really nice. Normally a good menu too veggie, vegan, chicken and various meat. This thread is making me hungry.

Looks great, any idea where they'll be?

45 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Was getting a bit worried as Mendip Moments hadn't updated their website or Facebook in nearly a year, but they seem to be alive again and have confirmed for the festival!

I adore their ice cream sandwiches! Esp if it's scorchio!

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She's not a fan of good old British halloumi?

Not so as you would notice. When she's really disgusted with something she says "that's so English". To be fair her first experience of British food was school lunch age 5. ( She was 5, not the lunch....though...)

Edited by Gedh

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Looks great, any idea where they'll be?

Not too sure sorry. My sense of direction is rubbish but last time they were down by the food stalls around the Oggy stand. Left of the Other stage if I recall. But as I said, hopeless sense of direction ?

I've just got this to a state I'm happy with: https://www.festifood.eu/

I've added a few stalls to it already. Locations are only approximate. Once on site Weds, I'll update them to be correct. I'll also spend the whole day running around the site drinking cider and adding new food stalls as I see them. I invite everyone here to add new stuff, comment on the layout, point out bugs, etc. It's designed to work on mobiles well and I'd appreciate any bug reports to include the phone you're using so I can figure out what to fix.

Thanks!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, jefwefwef said:

I've added a few stalls to it already. Locations are only approximate. Once on site Weds, I'll update them to be correct. I'll also spend the whole day running around the site drinking cider and adding new food stalls as I see them. I invite everyone here to add new stuff, comment on the layout, point out bugs, etc. It's designed to work on mobiles well and I'd appreciate any bug reports to include the phone you're using so I can figure out what to fix.

Thanks!

Absolute hero!

1 hour ago, jefwefwef said:

Thanks!

I doff my cap sir, fantastic work.

On 6/19/2019 at 2:08 PM, Homer said:

Luardos does 12" burritos for £5/£6 - here’s one enjoying itself on a park bench near Barbican after I ripped it open (and before I ate it):

IMG_2239.jpg

Gert lush.

On 6/20/2019 at 10:18 PM, D-Low said:

D7044DCX4AAoVsJ.jpg

Is that the same grazing shed that’s in Cardiff?  Are they there?

On 6/18/2019 at 10:38 PM, kaytee... said:

Sure I read somewhere that parsnip ship wont be back this year

Yep 

That's a shame.  They were at a Tributes Festival last year that I go to with my friends.  I thought their food was great but the clientele of the festival was more your burger, pizza etc types so I don't think they did very well!

2 hours ago, MJP said:

Absolute hero!

56 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I doff my cap sir, fantastic work.

Thank you both for your kind words! Festifood is the result of me being at Glastonbury in previous years and thinking "why is there no bloody map or list". So I made one! Started work on it about three weeks ago. Bit rough around the edges still. I'll be coding in my caravan on Tuesday in the rest CV field!

7 hours ago, jefwefwef said:

https://festifood.eu now with most stages marked. Map improvements coming as I edit the underlying map with more data. Got various maps of this and previous festivals to work from. If anyone has a good copy of any 2019 maps I'm interested.

I have the crew map if that's any help?

16 hours ago, jefwefwef said:

Thanks!

It'd be really great if you could search by stall and food type on this. So if I really fancied a curry I could find the closest or best curry place. 

6 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

It'd be really great if you could search by stall and food type on this. So if I really fancied a curry I could find the closest or best curry place. 

So you can kind of do that. There's a menu on the left and you can select the curry tag and it'll only show places that are tagged with curry. Search: I started work on this site like 3 weeks ago, I just didn't have time to get everything in. If the Glastonbury gods approve of this, next year I'll hopefully have full, official data weeks before the festival and can spend plenty of time making everything smooth. If you want that to happen, use it and tell your mates so that I have a case to take to the biwigs! :)

• Upvote 1