The 2019 Food Thread

The Nal

2 hours ago, surfbunnyuk said:

Are the women’s institute there every year now ? We had a lovely cake in 2015, I think it was their first festival xx

The WI cakes really were great but sadly they won’t be there this year, 

Charm x

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2019 at 10:54 AM, Livvy13 said:

Not sure if it's been brought up yet (and apologies if it has) but the best place I found was a Chinese place by the Other Stage. Can't remember the name of it for the life of me but it was awesome and situated about halfway in the selection of stalls circled. 

No idea if it's gonna be there again this year but hoping so and hoping it's in the same spot.

image.png.e3af7d741c951ac51771d7d821ef7327.png

There is a very bog standard Chinese place but its the leftmost stall (in the orientation on the map). Could be another one too.

What there is halfway down is a wrap stall that do a very decent breakfast burrito of bacon, egg and cheese that's very tasty and satisfying.

9 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

HUNGRY!

Cheese Truck is out of bounds for the plebs then? Worthy View and Hospitality?

They've said Worthy View but that it's the same as 2017, which is actually top of Pyramid so all good! I have updated to reflect the change - thanks for flagging!

3 minutes ago, Burnessie said:

They've said Worthy View but that it's the same as 2017, which is actually top of Pyramid so all good! I have updated to reflect the change - thanks for flagging!

I just left you a comment on there too. Didn't realise you wrote it!

Did they mean by Worthy Farm, not WV?

Edited by fightoffyour

20 minutes ago, Burnessie said:

Glasto Essential Eats 2019 is now live, this should help! 

https://burnessie.com/2019/05/09/essential-eats-glastonbury-2019/

Always up for more recommendations to try to include next year! 

This is great, thank you! Even if it has got me salivating several weeks too early.

And welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

Never really eat much at Glasto and if I do it is only ever one meal a day at most and normally some bog standard crap, admittedly this is usually due to not having the funds to eat more or go more adventurous. This year is different though and I intend to eat all the things I've wanted to previously, at least three meals a day. I feel I could get overwhelmed though aha.

22 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

There is a very bog standard Chinese place but its the leftmost stall (in the orientation on the map). Could be another one too.

What there is halfway down is a wrap stall that do a very decent breakfast burrito of bacon, egg and cheese that's very tasty and satisfying.

I spent bloomin' ages searching for a breakfast burrito last year. It ended in disappointment, and the time spent searching about has convinced me to take some breakfast items with me this year. However, this sounds ideal! A perfect morning treat ?

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

I spent bloomin' ages searching for a breakfast burrito last year. It ended in disappointment, and the time spent searching about has convinced me to take some breakfast items with me this year. However, this sounds ideal! A perfect morning treat ?

It doesn't even sound that much when I wrote it down, they just seem to have the perfect balance, definitely filling enough too (and I like a big portion). Have had them most mornings for the last 2 or 3 years.

52 minutes ago, Burnessie said:

Do you know if they in hospitality camping or hospitality backstage? Excellent work BTW!  :good:

On 5/8/2019 at 11:28 AM, Aragorn said:

Please tell me there is somewhere with pies this year 

Square pie was my staple stodge diet to keep me from getting totally battered aswell as Rotisserie place as WG

I need to know this too. Reckon I had about 4 meals from square pie in 2016 cos the weather was so shit and cold. 

Don't make the mistake I did and go roaming rotisserie on the Sunday, absolutely no chance theyll have anything left 

On 4/20/2019 at 1:07 PM, Da_J_Doc-~ said:

There was a great toastie place that did macaroni cheese toasties, great carb on carb after a few drinks, pretty sure they were from Scotland, we went back for a second time and they were sold out, anyone know who they were and if they’ll be back?

I think it was this place: 

https://www.facebook.com/thecheesytoastshack 

I have messaged to see if they will be there again. If they respond I will let you know

Just now, Madyaker said:

Did they have a place in the south east corner that was open late? I got an amazing sour dough toastie there in '17

That's the cheese truck. They had a van in shangri la and one at the top of the campsite above the pyramid.  This place is different.

On 5/8/2019 at 11:28 AM, Aragorn said:

Please tell me there is somewhere with pies this year 

Square pie was my staple stodge diet to keep me from getting totally battered aswell as Rotisserie place as WG

Not seen confirmation for this year but Barnaby Sykes Pie Maker, between West Holts and Leftfield, had good reviews in 2017.

Otherwise could you settle for a Welsh Oggie between Other Stage and Silver Hayes?

On 5/8/2019 at 9:41 AM, morph100 said:

Any eat anything amazing then try and recreate it at home? I always mean to especially the veggie stuff but don’t really.

suppose I have made Goan fish curry at home because of having it there.

Here y'are:

:o

Published June 22nd, I might have to make some for myself watching at home! Bet they'll be selling copies at their stand this year too. :) 

Edited by Simpo
  • Upvote 2