The 2019 Food Thread

The Nal

On 4/16/2019 at 11:21 AM, Fred Bear 1967 said:

My three favourites that I'm hoping for a 2019 return:

1. The Hippie Chippie.

2. The Toastie Postie (I think)

3. Rockabilly Chilli (the best dirty nachos I've ever eaten)

Do only rhyming establishments get your recommendation?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Still hoping for a decent quality pie and mash outlet if as rumoured the square pie sellers have packed it in .  Comfort food in wet weather 

Why would you want a comfort food for wet weather when its clearly going to be a glorious one?

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Still hoping for a decent quality pie and mash outlet if as rumoured the square pie sellers have packed it in .  Comfort food in wet weather 

Isn't Barnaby Sykes knocking about somewhere at Glastonbury? Or did I imagine that?

5 hours ago, Quark said:

Isn't Barnaby Sykes knocking about somewhere at Glastonbury? Or did I imagine that?

Yep. Kind of where the Hare Krishna tent used to be - between West Holts and leftfield. Didn’t try em last time, but as it’s pie I should do really 

So is anyone going to pull all this information together in a handy spreadsheet or other format?  I feel a twitching coming on so may do it myself if no-one else does.  Especially now I've got a new laptop.  But I also need to start making a note of must-sees, maybe-sees, camping possibilities etc.

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

So is anyone going to pull all this information together in a handy spreadsheet or other format?  I feel a twitching coming on so may do it myself if no-one else does.  Especially now I've got a new laptop.  But I also need to start making a note of must-sees, maybe-sees, camping possibilities etc.

Oft, love a good spreadsheet I do. Already got a bunch for bands and packing but I may or may not be knocking a quick Google doc together for eateries now you've mentioned it... 

• Upvote 2

Well I've started a spreadsheet but while the thread is good fun and makes my mouth water, there isn't that much cold hard facts!  Never mind, it's worth it just to have an idea of what's been mentioned, though it will probably as always be a question of stumbling across things when the time is right!

Any more recommendations?

I've been keeping a log of most recommended food traders, grouped by type of food, and with the area that they are in (where I have seen it mentioned, as I'm a Glasto newbie).  Would be good to get any builds/corrections, or for others to take it forward and do more with it.  I've posted a copy in the Markets Map thread as well.

Glasto Food Traders.xlsx

• Upvote 1

On 4/18/2019 at 12:04 AM, oakdown said:

Oft, love a good spreadsheet I do. Already got a bunch for bands and packing but I may or may not be knocking a quick Google doc together for eateries now you've mentioned it... 

Would you actually take the time to consult a food spreadsheet during the festival? Fair play to you I could never be that organised ?

I have one or two places in my head that I know I like but apart from that it's whatevers infront of me when the hunger hits.

1 minute ago, Madyaker said:

Would you actually take the time to consult a food spreadsheet during the festival? Fair play to you I could never be that organised ?

I have one or two places in my head that I know I like but apart from that it's whatevers infront of me when the hunger hits.

Probably not, but reading it in advance and working out a few to bear in mind so that you recognise the names when you come across them is what I had in mind.

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

While I’m at the fest? Definitely not. For one thing I’m not savvy enough to get spreadsheets on my phone ? And even if I could I’d almost certainly be too steamin to navigate it. 

But it’s nice to get a good overview of what’s available and where, especially when most years I just end up eating at the same few places over and over. 

7 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

I've been keeping a log of most recommended food traders, grouped by type of food, and with the area that they are in (where I have seen it mentioned, as I'm a Glasto newbie).  Would be good to get any builds/corrections, or for others to take it forward and do more with it.  I've posted a copy in the Markets Map thread as well.

Glasto Food Traders.xlsxUnavailable

Sorry, there is a problem

This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

wahhhhhh I want my spreadsheets 

1 hour ago, morph100 said:

Sorry, there is a problem

This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

wahhhhhh I want my spreadsheets 

Sorry, it works when I open the link but there must be a problem with the permissions on my one drive.  

Does this link work?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9r3eiwhfxftv8k/237560144_GlastoFoodTraders.xlsx?dl=0&m=