The 2019 Food Thread

The Nal

35 minutes ago, ceetee said:

The vegetable pakoras from the wooded area near the green fields are pretty amazing

Add a drink and some salad from the little cafe there and it's a great experience sat in the wood.

9 minutes ago, coma girl said:

I had some amazing poutine at the weekend, its great pre- or post-drinking stoge so I'll be delighted if I can find some at Glasto

Think I remember seeing two in 2017.

Ate at one of them twice. Best food I had the entire weekend! 

Edited by ChunkySandwedge

30 minutes ago, coma girl said:

There was some debate about the two a couple of pages back, hopefully I can find a good one

Think we all agreed that Le Rac Shack is brilliant. In Williams Green market by the Tony Benn Tower. :D 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Think we all agreed that Le Rac Shack is brilliant. In Williams Green market by the Tony Benn Tower. :D 

Ah perfect, I think I remember that stall.

I'm hoping there's still the amazing pizza stall near WG again, had lovely food from there the last few times I went to G

One of my local food stalls has just been voted as one of the top 80 the world. That's in the whole wide world! They are new to Glastonbury and will be in the market area close to Leftfield and between Other and West Holts. They have a pink and yellow Citroen van. They are called ThaiAngle

Edited by Mich1268
Got the colours of the van wrong doh!
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

One of my local food stalls has just been voted as one of the top 80 the world. That's in the whole wide world! They are new to Glastonbury and will be in the market area close to Leftfield and between Other and West Holts. They have a pink Citroen van. They are called ThaiAngle

Sounds ace from their website. Most Thai at G is your standard Chinese gloop dressed up so it’ll be nice to have something half decent.

Its probably not the easiest to succeed with in terms of the stir fry’s. Not a fan of those that are knocked up and left in a warm tray for hours. On the other hand, cooking fresh to order would be a right arse if you’ve got big crowds.

3 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Sounds ace from their website. Most Thai at G is your standard Chinese gloop dressed up so it’ll be nice to have something half decent.

Its probably not the easiest to succeed with in terms of the stir fry’s. Not a fan of those that are knocked up and left in a warm tray for hours. On the other hand, cooking fresh to order would be a right arse if you’ve got big crowds.

It's a challenge but they are already serving to a lot of people in Brighton. I feel confident 

19 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

One of my local food stalls has just been voted as one of the top 80 the world. That's in the whole wide world! They are new to Glastonbury and will be in the market area close to Leftfield and between Other and West Holts. They have a pink and yellow Citroen van. They are called ThaiAngle

Excellent, will def seek it out

On 4/2/2019 at 8:08 AM, ceetee said:

The vegetable pakoras from the wooded area near the green fields are pretty amazing

IMG_20160623_115454.jpg

IMGP6169.JPG

I bought one of these one year and then immediately vomited it up all over the place. Nothing to do with the pakora, which was lush, I’d just had a heavy night...

Edited by Winslow Leach

1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

I bought one of these one year and then immediately vomited it up all over the place. Nothing to do with the pakora, which was lush, I’d just had a heavy night...

It does taint the memory though doesn't it? :sick:

Edited by Gedh

3 hours ago, Gedh said:

It does taint the memory though doesn't it? :sick:

Brings to mind my all time favourite Jack Handy line.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad"

• Upvote 1

There was a company there in 2017, near Leftfield or WH I think, doing raclette cheese, poutine, Toulouse sausage etc. in various combinations. No idea what they're called but there was an hour long queue. I know because I stuck with it and it was bloody worth it. If they've been mentioned already then I apologise as I haven't had time to read the whole thread. If anybody knows who they are or whether they're coming back that would be lovely.

23 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

There was a company there in 2017, near Leftfield or WH I think, doing raclette cheese, poutine, Toulouse sausage etc. in various combinations. No idea what they're called but there was an hour long queue. I know because I stuck with it and it was bloody worth it. If they've been mentioned already then I apologise as I haven't had time to read the whole thread. If anybody knows who they are or whether they're coming back that would be lovely.

Are you sure that wasn't Le Rac Shack? 

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

To get back to the chips cheese and gravy thing. These guys have confirmed they are gonna be beside acoustic and kids field and will be serving chips cheese and gravy or curry sauce. 

And only fecking deep fried Mars bars and creme eggs!!! 

http://www.thefryerengine.co.uk/

That looks epic! Usually have a toastie on the way back to East campervan fields, this could be a game changer!:lol: But it's a no to Mars bars or Creme eggs! :bad:

Just now, StoneCircle said:

That looks epic! Usually have a toastie on the way back to East campervan fields, this could be a game changer!:lol: But it's a no to Mars bars or Creme eggs! :bad:

I'll be all over the battered chips. Himself has a sweet tooth and loves creme eggs, I'm not a fan but something for everyone. Can't wait to check it out.