The 2019 Food Thread

The Nal

16 hours ago, cb4747 said:

On average how much does everyone spend on food at the festival? (Also very hungry from this thread)

Lol I seem to be less financially well behaved than others. I usually eat at least 3 times a day, averaging about 10 quid a go. Breakfast, lunch and dinner then something on the way back, late in the evening when I'm drunk. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Ollie 1995 said:

Lol I seem to be less financially well behaved than others. I usually eat at least 3 times a day, averaging about 10 quid a go. Breakfast, lunch and dinner then something on the way back, late in the evening when I'm drunk. 

???? You’re very much on my wavelength. The cheese truck or the rac shack is perfect at about midnight, after the music and before the next bit. (On top of three square meals, of course) 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Ollie 1995 said:

Yep me too. Brekkie tacos in Williams Green, nice latte, maybe some fruit, another coffee, a bloody mary, something for brunch, a litre of rose wine, something substantial (gumbo, burger, chicken, curry) and then a late night/early morning snack/fuck off sized bowl of something. 

• Upvote 1

I usually spend between £30 to £40 a day at Glastonbury, I would say I buy about 2 to 3 pints a day which probably means I'm spending roughly £20/25 a day on food. I always have breakfast but then the lineup and consumption of alcohol/other stuff decides whether I then have one more meal or two.

51 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Seasonal samosas will be there. And looking for staff if anyone's interested? :)

Screenshot_2019-03-19_123936.jpg

I've never eaten there but looks good and it looks like they were next to Truly Crumptious which has always been my favourite crumpet on site. Will look for them this year. This is why we need a food line up announcement so that we can study the line up and make great choices. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:55 AM, coma girl said:

Not sure if its been there since as I have had a couple of years off but there was a place at the entrance to the Park that did amazing bubble & squeak, with thick cut fried ham, poached egg and lots of Sriracha. It was the best thing I ate that year!

How the hell have I missed this?  Anything with bubble is way up there on my list!

Another one for spending all my money on food as well.  A big +1 for a cup of tea and a slice of cake post-headliner as well :)

On 3/15/2019 at 9:28 AM, Ollie 1995 said:

Jesus it must be cheaper to be on Class As

On 3/15/2019 at 9:45 AM, The Nal said:

Yep me too. Brekkie tacos in Williams Green, nice latte, maybe some fruit, another coffee, a bloody mary, something for brunch, a litre of rose wine, something substantial (gumbo, burger, chicken, curry) and then a late night/early morning snack/fuck off sized bowl of something. 

Christ where do you put it all? Outside of the drink I would be knackered eating all that and Im fat ?

On 3/15/2019 at 9:36 AM, balti-pie said:

???? You’re very much on my wavelength. The cheese truck or the rac shack is perfect at about midnight, after the music and before the next bit. (On top of three square meals, of course) 

Fair play to you! Normally late food on the way back when I'm drunk is pretty much me holding up a white flag and calling it a night ?

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:43 PM, Quark said:

How the hell have I missed this?  Anything with bubble is way up there on my list!

Another one for spending all my money on food as well.  A big +1 for a cup of tea and a slice of cake post-headliner as well :)

It was bloody lovely, really hoping its still there!

Agreed on bubble, you don't often get it up here but I always get some with my breakfast when I go to London

Manic Organic for brekkie then tiny tea tent for a cuppa and biscuits/cake then perhaps jerk for lunch, afternoon scones and tea, then a rotating dinner selection at 6 then the 9 o'clock cheesy chips or Mac n cheese whilst wandering then some cheeky crumpets before bed. 

Oh forgot the Valentine's liquorice stall and the cake stalls near greenpeace that may get a daily visit. Oh and permaculture for lemonade and onion bajis.

I don't really drink so have to keep the calories up some how....

Edited by Gedh
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gedh said:

Manic Organic for brekkie then tiny tea tent for a cuppa and biscuits/cake then perhaps jerk for lunch, afternoon scones and tea, then a rotating dinner selection at 6 then the 9 o'clock cheesy chips or Mac n cheese whilst wandering then some cheeky crumpets before bed. 

Oh forgot the Valentine's liquorice stall and the cake stalls near greenpeace that may get a daily visit. Oh and permaculture for lemonade and onion bajis.

God lord, that reads like the diet of a hobbit! How do you find time between food to see bands?!

50 minutes ago, Gedh said:

Sounds good to me according to my fitbit last festival I burned between 4500 and 5500 calories a day I don't drink at all so need to replenish that energy somehow! My last festival was probably my best foodwise. Think I only had one meal that was only so-so the rest was spot on. Some of my favourites are the mezze in the park, the dhosa near william's green, a duck egg barm which I think was somewhere near leftfield but I could be wrong and my discovery of the festival was the poutine by The Gravy Train. I always end up getting nachos somewhere again the one in the park is one of my favourites. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gedh said:

Unfortunately I do drink so I can't use calories as an excuse.  One of the most-repeated exchanges in our group over the fest is always

"Where's Quark?"

"Gone to get food from (insert stand here), he'll catch us up"

I remember the first year I went, would have been the Thursday night wander, and we stopped for a sit down and a smoke.  I vanished and returned with tea and a slice of cake.  After the initial mockery, 3 pairs of envious eyes were focused on me. 5 minutes later and everyone had returned with tea and cake :D

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Unfortunately I do drink so I can't use calories as an excuse.  One of the most-repeated exchanges in our group over the fest is always

"Where's Quark?"

"Gone to get food from (insert stand here), he'll catch us up"

I remember the first year I went, would have been the Thursday night wander, and we stopped for a sit down and a smoke.  I vanished and returned with tea and a slice of cake.  After the initial mockery, 3 pairs of envious eyes were focused on me. 5 minutes later and everyone had returned with tea and cake :D

My OH always tells me that drinking makes you hungry so that can be your excuse. I've never drank so wouldn't know. I do use the fact that I'm not using any calories on drink as my excuse for eating very well. My reusable bottle of water, the odd coffee, the odd smoothie or lemonade if the weather is hot and the rest of my budget gets blown on delicious food from all corners of the globe. 

1 hour ago, The Clearest Blue said:

God lord, that reads like the diet of a hobbit! How do you find time between food to see bands?!

I go with my daughter and so we blend our food tastes and whilst she is buying a juice or cake it seems rude not to join in....

Food intake does seem to depend on miles walked so 2016 not so much.

Anyway you can watch a band whilst eating and drinking. 

Edited by Gedh

3 minutes ago, Gedh said:

I go with my daughter and so we blend our food tastes and whilst she is buying a juice or cake it seems rude not to join in....

Food intake does seem to depend on mike's walked so 2016 not so much.

My OH and I try to share some meals so we can buy more just so we can try some more food. So much great choice. 

1 hour ago, Gedh said:

Food intake does seem to depend on miles walked so 2016 not so much.

That's cool, I was only messing, I would probably eat a lot more but I never seem to have time Friday to Sunday unless I plan in a meal break and plans at Glastonbury never been to come to fruition.

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

My OH and I try to share some meals so we can buy more just so we can try some more food. So much great choice. 

Us too. It harks back to our poor student days when we could only afford one bought meal a day each. Two half meals made it stretch further. Now we just get to try loads of different things ?.

• Upvote 1

This thread is killing me. I'm on day 2 of a 6 week diet plan from the PT I've signed up with. Current afternoon snack is a tin of tuna, a pile of green beans and a pile of raw carrot. No dressing. As a treat I get a bowl of unsalted mixed nuts to follow.

I'll be willing to trade my Glastonbury ticket for a one-way trip to Switzerland at this rate...