The 2019 Food Thread

The Nal

I don’t trust my glastonbury food opinions - a couple of years ago I was el smasho and got some nachos from a stand in Glasto Latino on the Wednesday night and I was like “THESE ARE THE BEST FOOD I HAVE EVER EATEN!” and literally would not stop going on about them for ages, much to the annoyance of Mr Balls. 

I was so certain that they were incredible, a revealation, better than any nacho that had ever existed before that I insisted on returning to this stall during a bimble the next afternoon, and was very disappointed to discover that they were actually extremely mediocre. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Is there ever a food map or anything like that? I've had some absolute hits but never remember the name of the places!

No but we should create one. Can someone create something where there's a big map to which we can add Google maps style pins with descriptions? Like Glastomap, but without the satellite imagery that annoyed GFL.

47 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

can't remember if it was those or naans. I remember it wasn't chapatis so I swerved it.

I'm quite fond chapatis, tho no one else I know is much of a fan (preferring naans, or whatever).

+1 for chapatis over naan here

15 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

No but we should create one. Can someone create something where there's a big map to which we can add Google maps style pins with descriptions? Like Glastomap, but without the satellite imagery that annoyed GFL.

Glasto Food Thingy? @Gnomicide

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's around 1,000 traders. Have fun. :P 

If there's any place that can do that, it's this place to be fair.

8 minutes ago, jyoung said:

If there's any place that can do that, it's this place to be fair.

I'd also fully rely on this place to splinter out into warring factions:

• steadfastly refusing to take any criticism of their favourite trader
  • name dropping the most obscure food place tucked away in the corner of the site like a badge of honour
  • used to like a trader but have stopped going there since they went mainstream and started serving chips
  • will try anything and happily bimble around the place
  • trolling and asking where Nando's is
  • Upvote 9