All change for the traders

Funkyfairy!

I'm gutted about Fairylove. They're not just a stall, they're part of the entertainment. And I always buy some frilly bloomers or something there. 

Edit: I've just found on Instagram that they're going. I hope they are!  

Image may contain: 4 people, people standing and outdoor

116 likes
Edited by Wickedfaerie
Found new information

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Was just wondering whether Growlerman* would be back after his tantrum last time.

*Sounds like an abandoned Nick Cave project.

My guess is he won't be back.  Not because of his tantrum, but because he sold 3 quids worth of dry baguette for nearly 7 pounds and he utterly failed to keep up with the quality of the competition.

4 hours ago, fuzzy_logic said:

Was Blue Moon located near the jazz stage (West Holt's) ? And they did potato wedges ?

It was indeed--veggie burgers with delicious spicy potato wedges at a good price-- what added insult to injury is that no stall seemed to replace it, it's just fencing! 

54 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

It was indeed--veggie burgers with delicious spicy potato wedges at a good price-- what added insult to injury is that no stall seemed to replace it, it's just fencing! 

Oh man that place was so good, those wedges were damn nice. I have a lot of good (food) memories of the blue moon ??

15 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Cucumber is the work of the devil. Not only does it taste shite, it taints any other food it comes into contact with.  

Hendricks. Fantastic combo. Celery is the true food of the devil. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, gherring8 said:

I know Strumpets with Crumpets have decided to wrap up the business so won't be seeing them this year :girlcray:
They were my staple breakfast choice so I'm really gutted.

That's bad bad news. They'll be missed.

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Cucumber is the work of the devil. Not only does it taste shite, it taints any other food it comes into contact with.  

Absolutely agree. Terrible stuff... 

10 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Hendricks. Fantastic combo. Celery is the true food of the devil. 

Followed by a quick u-turn. The Hendricks Paradox, turning cucumbers into essential accompaniments since 1892.

Celery is awesome though. 

18 hours ago, shuttlep said:

Glad I am not the only one who misses it 

thought i was making the place up 

Definitely not the only one. They were great for a full breakfast in a baguette of a morning, Great quality and good value too. I think the advent of the larger Williams Green area may have done for them though. 

36 minutes ago, Titters said:

These fees are not insignificant.... 

Just how many candle powered steam boats are sold over the weekend??

The fees are extremely variable based on location, what you're selling, and who you are - food gets charged more, charities get a heavy discount, and the green fields are much cheaper than the pyramid markets - I'd be surprised if the Candle Powered Steam Boat stall pays much of a fee and quite possibly none at all.

11 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

Any news on the bakers by the acoustic field? Cheap beige food is my lifeline by Saturday. In trouble if they’ve been knocked back.

Pretty sure they supply bread to Goose Hall staff catering-  so they'll be there for ever!!