All change for the traders

Funkyfairy!

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Does anyone know the selection criteria for traders? Seems odd to just drop people after 20 years, have they done something wrong/ let standards slip? Have others excelled above them with their ethos? Is it just a chance to rotate and share the experience?

They don't renew stalls if they become to big. Basically the more indie the better. Pieminister got turfed out after 10 years as they had become too big. Others, such as the Growler guy, are just shit and have no place in this century.  

36 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Burger Bear is back in Block 9. Best burger you will eat... ever

Agreed. 

We need a proper food 2019 thread. For suggestions and confirmations.  

Started one

Edited by The Nal

1 hour ago, Hotchilidog said:

I'm delighted the Vegan Pyramid is back, I kept returning to them time and time again. The hemp burger was superb. They have confirmed that the burger is back and that they have also revamped their menu with some tase new additions on the way. Hungry already!

These guys are actually from my town & often trade at events around here. They've got a great menu & they are now doing vegan 'fish' and chips now, although haven't had chance to try them yet.
Here's the new menu they've been using. :)

49499974_1221741391324637_6748280202050142208_n.thumb.jpg.bd2f1e489abe7532cff306a4ba53fb31.jpg

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

These guys are actually from my town & often trade at events around here. They've got a great menu & they are now doing vegan 'fish' and chips now, although haven't had chance to try them yet.
Here's the new menu they've been using. :)

49499974_1221741391324637_6748280202050142208_n.thumb.jpg.bd2f1e489abe7532cff306a4ba53fb31.jpg

Well this is just splendid news! They did mention something about being a chippy on twitter, looks very good!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Keithy said:

I'd imagine there is also a ££ element. Do we know if Glastonbury take a percentage of takings or just charge a flat fee?

Last year I took my son to an Airshow in Abingdon and whilst chilling out with a coffee to avoid the scrum to leave at the end, got chatting to the owners of the coffee van. They do loads of events over the South-West but said not Glastonbury, the fees were out of their league.

3 hours ago, reflekting said:

They need to bin the All Day Breakfast company which has Chinese and Burgers all under one roof in 3 adjacent stands. The nearest to Park Home on the Other stage, for the closest stall to one of the big camping areas to be serving so much poor quality food continues to disappoint.

The place that serves halloumi further down that row with a pink fronting is the pick of the bunch of all those food joints.

100% agree, we camp here but never eat here... even the coffee is gross and burnt and if you want sugar, you have to break apart a solidified lump of it that has been left in the rain. Something good for breakfast there would be great.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, GoonerRob said:

100% agree, we camp here but never eat here... even the coffee is gross and burnt and if you want sugar, you have to break apart a solidified lump of it that has been left in the rain. Something good for breakfast there would be great.

It just seems so out of place with the rest of the festival, but then maybe the sheer size of the thing is what makes it a viable option for that spot from the festival's pov

5 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Last year I took my son to an Airshow in Abingdon and whilst chilling out with a coffee to avoid the scrum to leave at the end, got chatting to the owners of the coffee van. They do loads of events over the South-West but said not Glastonbury, the fees were out of their league.

I know one of the guys who runs a coffee shop in Pilton / Shepton Mallet (he used to run one at my local train station in Enfield too) - from a brief discussion I think its about £25k for the weekend, and he said you'd expect to make triple back... seems like a lot of coffee to me but what do i know!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Nal said:

Others, such as the Growler guy, are just shit and have no place in this century.  

Was just wondering whether Growlerman* would be back after his tantrum last time.

*Sounds like an abandoned Nick Cave project.

Edited by Hugh Jass

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

They have a couple of stalls, one in the park (just a hand cart really). Send a card home to your mate who couldn't make it. Quite funny watching people purposefully smear them with mud.

They have a Twitter account: https://twitter.com/glastopostcards?lang=en

They're great, I love their designs. 

One year I sent one to Emily just to say 'thank you' which is pretty crazy putting a stamp on a card which is going to and from the same address.

Glastonbury PC.jpg

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

They're great, I love their designs. 

One year I sent one to Emily just to say 'thank you' which is pretty crazy putting a stamp on a card which is going to and from the same address.

Glastonbury PC.jpg

I love that you sent one to Emily - great idea :-)

I always send one to my Mum and one to myself - and the random stuff I put on it always makes me smile when I get back home and its on the doormat waiting for me - I just need to frame them all :-)

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I love that you sent one to Emily - great idea ?

I always send one to my Mum and one to myself - and the random stuff I put on it always makes me smile when I get back home and its on the doormat waiting for me - I just need to frame them all ?

Same. They're part of my Wed/Thur tradition. As soon as the postcards are sent, adulting stops. :)

• Like 1