All change for the traders

Funkyfairy!

From reading twitter etc it seems as if the stallholders found out last week if they were successful in getting a pitch 

Glastonbury postcards are back this year - yay 

fairylove won’t be back ? , they applied but didn’t get their spot, which I saw suprising as they’ve been doing a lot of campaigning for a total ban on single use plastics in the uk, so fit the ethos of the festival. I loved their stall, was a yearly visit for a hug and glitter 

Has anyone else heard of any other traders / food stalls that will or won’t be returning ...it seems to be all change 

Does anyone know the selection criteria for traders? Seems odd to just drop people after 20 years, have they done something wrong/ let standards slip? Have others excelled above them with their ethos? Is it just a chance to rotate and share the experience?

1 minute ago, Chef said:

Does anyone know the selection criteria for traders? Seems odd to just drop people after 20 years, have they done something wrong/ let standards slip? Have others excelled above them with their ethos? Is it just a chance to rotate and share the experience?

I agree, that 20 years to be told no is a real kick in the teeth. 

It would be really interesting to know why such regular traders have been told no. 

I hope its not just a money issue. 

I also hope that a new set of traders really helps to improve what's on offered at the festival

I think a fallow year has probably given them time to look into it more and investigate new traders. The sheer number of high quality street food vendors out there now compared to five years is astounding. Honestly, when I first went to Glastonbury in 2003 I was amazed at the number and variety of stalls. They haven't changed much since the Park opened and we got new ones there, and honestly now they feel a little bland compared to what you might see elsewhere.

Understandably gutting if your favourite isn't there though.

2 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Glasto postcards? Not seen that before. 

They have a couple of stalls, one in the park (just a hand cart really). Send a card home to your mate who couldn't make it. Quite funny watching people purposefully smear them with mud.

They have a Twitter account: https://twitter.com/glastopostcards?lang=en

They need to bin the All Day Breakfast company which has Chinese and Burgers all under one roof in 3 adjacent stands. The nearest to Park Home on the Other stage, for the closest stall to one of the big camping areas to be serving so much poor quality food continues to disappoint.

The place that serves halloumi further down that row with a pink fronting is the pick of the bunch of all those food joints.

• Upvote 1

Just looking at the Glastonbury traders information  page, there's a lot they need to consider when applying https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/traders/

I guess once you get into the form, there's probably a lot you need to include...green credentials, living wage, type of food, hygiene certificates, etc.

I'd imagine there is also a ££ element. Do we know if Glastonbury take a percentage of takings or just charge a flat fee?