Courteeners Heaton Park

gfa

41 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Just stuff I've read on Twitter - suggestions it may be in between James and Courteeners.

Would make sense as he doesn't need much setting up.

A reckon there’s a chance. James probably be done about 10 to 8, no way will the Courteeners be on at half past 8. More like quarter past 9. That’s a big gap with no music. 

There was a similar sized gap when LG played Finsbury last year, and Ashcroft came out with a guitar and played a 30 minute set to get the crowd going. So wouldn’t be surprised if the same happened with Gerry on Saturday. All just guesswork right enough.

37 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

A reckon there’s a chance. James probably be done about 10 to 8, no way will the Courteeners be on at half past 8. More like quarter past 9. That’s a big gap with no music. 

There was a similar sized gap when LG played Finsbury last year, and Ashcroft came out with a guitar and played a 30 minute set to get the crowd going. So wouldn’t be surprised if the same happened with Gerry on Saturday. All just guesswork right enough.

With gates opening at 4 it’s possible I suppose, I would expect courteeners on by 9 and curfew at 10:45 pm . There is definitely time available if the support are only getting 40 mins top and James having 50mins ! I just hope James play their hits ! Saw them last year and was bored !

On the getting back into town question, it is a long way, and you're not going through the nicest area. Trams are a pain as they close down the heaton park stop and make you go to Bowker Vale (towards town) and queue. But it is possible to walk to Prestwich (away from town) and you're more likely to get on an emptier tram. 

Disclaimer is that there'll be less peole walking that way and keep your wits about you, lots of headlines about crime in that area in the MEN recently. Personally nowadays I'd just queue for the tram however long it takes unless there are shuttle buses to town; which could be an option to look into. 

48 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Is there likely to be a front circle on a first come first served basis?

There was at Liam G in Manchester and we stupidly didn't go into it in time and ended up miles back. 

Yeah most likely, half of it will be for the folk with VIP tickets, then the rest will be first come first serve, no idea how big they’ve made it right enough.

55 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Yeah most likely, half of it will be for the folk with VIP tickets, then the rest will be first come first serve, no idea how big they’ve made it right enough.

Sweet, I'm getting down for doors anyway as want to see Pale Waves so hopefully we'll get in.

Did the same at Liam G, got in for Twisted Wheel and regretted not going in. 

8 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Sweet, I'm getting down for doors anyway as want to see Pale Waves so hopefully we'll get in.

Did the same at Liam G, got in for Twisted Wheel and regretted not going in. 

Yeah you should be sound in you’re in that early.

Im not heading in til just before DMA’s so accepted that I’ll be a bit back.

43 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Yeah you should be sound in you’re in that early.

Im not heading in til just before DMA’s so accepted that I’ll be a bit back.

Only heading in early so I don't risk being caught in queues when DMA's are on. Would be devastated to miss them. 

I went VIP and it looks like I had a completely different experience, agree sound could of been better but I watched from infront of the sound desk had a great time. James were poor if I’m honest why can’t they for once do a set full of hits ? 

Plenty of wood chips in the VIP walk ways decent bars and toilet I guess it makes all the difference. Can’t remember getting out really and walked for about 15mins and blagged a taxi so it wasn’t that bad . 

It looked carnage in general admission.

but had a great time will definitely take in another big Courteeners show for sure and go vip again. 

8 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

I went VIP and it looks like I had a completely different experience, agree sound could of been better but I watched from infront of the sound desk had a great time. James were poor if I’m honest why can’t they for once do a set full of hits ? 

Plenty of wood chips in the VIP walk ways decent bars and toilet I guess it makes all the difference. Can’t remember getting out really and walked for about 15mins and blagged a taxi so it wasn’t that bad . 

It looked carnage in general admission.

but had a great time will definitely take in another big Courteeners show for sure and go vip again. 

Think Liam fray apologised about the sound at one point. But agreed, James were utter shit, thought DMA’s were quality as always, they’re a proper top notch band. Done the same, blagged a taxi, 35 quid back to Piccadilly, was expecting it to be more tbh.

Yeh, I agree with most of the comments to be fair. 

We got the circle wrist band, and it was carnage down there with 'scallys' jumping the fences and fighting with security to get in.

Ground was shocking, even with chippings, 3 inches deep in mud near food and bar busy areas, Bar queues were shocking too, about an hour for beer. 

Music saved the day. DMAs & James were ok, Courteeners were as always great. 

After the show the exit was shocking, so unsafe, everyone up the hill and bottle neck to small exits to the main road..

It was fine arriving because not everybody got there together, people very angry with pushig as all 50,000 of us tried to get out at the same time, as quickly as possible....