Courteeners Heaton Park

gfa

• 3 months later...

Giving it a miss due to not living in Manchester anymore and can't justify the travel and accommodation cost to see them for the 20th+ time, but last time at Heaton park was brilliant so whoever is going will have an amazing time.

If you are going, I'd recommend getting there early to see Pale Waves, great live band. 

2 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I'm looking forward to Pale Waves I'm hoping to get in in time for them!

Not sure what the queues / security will be like! It was a breeze last time they played there but that was a while ago!

Looks like it's going to be wellie weather!

I'd expect big queues at gate opening and before James after people come in from the pub, but might not be too bad for Pale waves time. All changed unfortunately since then - the pat downs were...thorough at Neighbourhood Weekender!!

Edited by efcfanwirral

Thank you!! I'm hoping to get in for Pale Waves so fingers crossed the queues wont be too bad! :) Since I fully expect to be queuing in the rain!! HAHA :D 

Was that Neighbourhood this year? We went last year and there was nothing, just glanced in my bag! Everywhere is SO inconsistent with the searches I was just saying this to my mate!! Like, last summer we went to Finsbury Park two nights in a row, LG on the Friday we got barely a pat down and QOTSA the day after at the same place it was very thorough and lots of dogs!

I guess you never know until you arrive how long it's gunna take!

Yeah some of the videos from Parklife looked a bit grim haha! I don't expect it dry up much either given the forecast!

I'm debating if to wear wellies or not! I don't want wet feet but I don't want to deal with wellies before we go since we'll be going to a few pubs and that first!

I don't know how funny they will be about letting us in pubs! When we went to LG at Old Trafford last year we just had trainers on and really struggled going for a few pints after! So don't know how wellies would go down!!

Out of interest, are you going back to the centre after the gig? Are you planning to walk? We haven't worked that out yet! Need to get the night bus from city centre back home but its a mooch back isn't it!

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

I don't know how funny they will be about letting us in pubs! When we went to LG at Old Trafford last year we just had trainers on and really struggled going for a few pints after! So don't know how wellies would go down!!

Out of interest, are you going back to the centre after the gig? Are you planning to walk? We haven't worked that out yet! Need to get the night bus from city centre back home but its a mooch back isn't it!

It’s a hell of a walk , last time I was at Heaton was for the roses and managed to some joe wave a taxi down with in minutes! I’ve asked the question with folk who live in Manchester not had a sensible answer yet ! If I can just guarantee getting back to the centre I will keep wife happy nip into hotel for footwear change and out for a few ! Gonna see what or if there is a shuttle bus 

22 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

It’s a hell of a walk , last time I was at Heaton was for the roses and managed to some joe wave a taxi down with in minutes! I’ve asked the question with folk who live in Manchester not had a sensible answer yet ! If I can just guarantee getting back to the centre I will keep wife happy nip into hotel for footwear change and out for a few ! Gonna see what or if there is a shuttle bus 

You won't get in anywhere in town with Wellies on.

7 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Is that just after? Or will I struggle in the afternoon too before we head up to HP?

You might be alright in the afternoon, can't see that being an issue. I would go round the northern quarter or in a Wetherspoons.

Edited by eastynh

3 hours ago, keava said:

Anyone know what like the vip area is ? 

“The package includes a standing ticket with guaranteed front circle access Dedicated VIP bar facility Additional toilets for VIP guests only Please note - No complimentary food and beverage is included within this package. Street food style dining options available”

Couple of private bogs and a few private bars by the sounds of it.