Glastonbury Themed Wedding - Ideas and Tip(i)s

DJL

Good morning lovely people of efests @eFestivals, hope this is OK to post in chat.

We've just started planning a wedding with a Glastonbury theme (for August 2020). I'm not creative or craftsy at all so have little expertise in this... but I'm hoping this forum will have more, plus a few of you may have experience and tips of doing something similar.

So far we have the suggestion of different stages/venues - thoughts of making a pyramid backdrop, flagtopia, a SE corner, disco shed (borrowed from Latitude because there happens to be a suitable shed), silent disco etc.  All miniature to go in various sections in and around a village hall. Hopefully with signs in the Glastonbury font - has anyone got hold of this before? Some green fields type activities (flower crown making, face painting) maybe? We're also looking into wristbands and booking (as well as regular camping and for those that may need it) various glamping options from an external provider.

Any thoughts,  ideas, experience etc. on any of the above? 

Please and thank you.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

An example of a seat planner;

glastonbury themed wedding seating plan poster

My mate's wedding had a similar seat planners at theirs. I was sat on the Other Stage and complained it clashed with who I wanted to see at John Peel stage.

They hired a big fancy tent in a grassy park behind a community centre (so we could use their loos) with a mini stage inside for a covers band. As the band started playing I fell asleep on some hay behind the tent otherwise it was really nice day.

Edited by jump

We had a festival/fete theme for our wedding, including festival lanyard invitations (see photo- with a running order for the weekend (we had stuff going on the days before and after as well- yes, we milked the occasion); wellies as table centrepieces (small kids ones that we used to hold the flowers) and a wooden signpost showing what was 'onsite'. Lots of our guests stayed in bunk rooms at the venue so that was designated as 'camping' and we gave them all special wristbands and vouchers for free drinks.

It was awesome - you'll have so much fun!

wedding festival lanyard invite.jpg_large.jpg

P04C1485.jpg

• Upvote 1