Bands to headline by 2030

Which small bands could you see growing to headline the festival within the next 10 years? 

I could see bands like King No-One, Saytr Play, Pale Waves, No Hot Ashes, Wallows and Blaenavon from bands i’ve seen all reaching that status, they all have star quality and i think at least one of these bands will headline by 2030.

7 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

why with Sundara?

I think they could maybe sub at their biggest but I don’t know if they would headline; their album they released the other Day didn’t really do it for me and I don’t know if I can see it really taking off. Would be very happy to be proved wrong though because that first album is really good and they are fantastic live. 

Royal Blood will almost certainly headline if the next album is any good.

Don Broco's album was my album of 2018, they deserve better than they've had.

Probably Catfish, and I reckon Two Door aren't a million miles away either.

To go for a slightly riskier pick, I could see Nothing But Thieves get it.

The reality is that if you asked this in 2009, the new headliners before 2020 have all been either reasonably established, not formed or not really on the scene yet. Twenty One Pilots seem to be the only ones who have really ground it out from being a pair of small-timers at that point.

Would honestly say that The Wombats and The Kooks are more likely than Pale Waves.

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The reality is that if you asked this in 2009, the new headliners before 2020 have all been either reasonably established, not formed or not really on the scene yet. Twenty One Pilots seem to be the only ones who have really ground it out from being a pair of small-timers at that point.

Would honestly say that The Wombats and The Kooks are more likely than Pale Waves.

I don't think anyone would have even predicted Post Malone to headline 2019 this time last year.

Chances are that a lot of new headliners over the next decade haven't even formed yet.

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

after last years performance, the kooks headlining would be dark days for R&L. at least wombats have a ton of energy and are still releasing fairly decent songs. kooks haven't had major success for years.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, VCK said:

I don't think anyone would have even predicted Post Malone to headline 2019 this time last year.

Chances are that a lot of new headliners over the next decade haven't even formed yet.

Interesting reading (although you can't read when people have quoted). OP nailed it with the FOB and Panic shouts. :lol:

Melvin in 2015: "Young Fathers have been the best young act I have seen in the last year. They are not ready to headline Reading and Leeds yet, but will they? I think they will, I think they are that good. It will only be if they don't want to that it will it not happen, but if they want to, they are good enough to do so at a point". 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Interesting reading (although you can't read when people have quoted). OP nailed it with the FOB and Panic shouts. :lol:

Some of the suggestions in that thread. :lol: The Ting Tings, Klaxons and Glasvegas.

Also the guy who said Biffy would go on to headline the tent probably understated it a little!