Love Glastonbury Love

Gabi_says

Has any of you met your significant other, or ex, or person you never saw again but fell in love with for the 5 days there, at the festival? Or here, or in some other Glasto-related way? 

And if not, do you remember the moment and the reason why you fell in love with Glasto over every other festival?

About 5 years ago I was queue managing a night time queue and this right royal pain in the arse of a woman was there. Part of my job was to queue jump people so I obviously obliged as she wouldn’t shut up.

Normal stuff really. But this one wasn’t happy with just that and insisted on getting us drunk and making the rest of my shift rather more about her than me or anyone else. To say she totally dominated that night is an understatement.  I finally managed to shake her off around dawn by pretending to make out with my mate to get my message across that I really wasn’t interested in making out with her.

Next night she was back having lost her coat the night before so we swapped numbers as I said I’d check later.  All part of the normal service the morning after.  

I never did find her coat but she has very dutifully returned every night for every year since. She works with a really cool trader in Williams Green and I’m really looking forward to seeing her again this year.

I don’t love her, god no, she’s such a pain in the arse, but my last 5 Glastonbury’s involve a great deal of tea drinking with her, partying, catching up, deep and meaningfuls, relationship advice, tears, laughter, ambition setting and generally we are the absolute best of friends for ONLY those short Glasto days.

Inbeween, nothing. 

(Hi Rosie) ? 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

About 5 years ago I was queue managing a night time queue and this right royal pain in the arse of a woman was there. Part of my job was to queue jump people so I obviously obliged as she wouldn’t shut up.

Normal stuff really. But this one wasn’t happy with just that and insisted on getting us drunk and making the rest of my shift rather more about her than me or anyone else. To say she totally dominated that night is an understatement.  I finally managed to shake her off around dawn by pretending to make out with my mate to get my message across that I really wasn’t interested in making out with her.

Next night she was back having lost her coat the night before so we swapped numbers as I said I’d check later.  All part of the normal service the morning after.  

I never did find her coat but she has very dutifully returned every night for every year since. She works with a really cool trader in Williams Green and I’m really looking forward to seeing her again this year.

I don’t love her, god no, she’s such a pain in the arse, but my last 5 Glastonbury’s involve a great deal of tea drinking with her, partying, catching up, deep and meaningfuls, relationship advice, tears, laughter, ambition setting and generally we are the absolute best of friends for ONLY those short Glasto days.

Inbeween, nothing. 

(Hi Rosie) ? 

Ah, that's lovely. I call them 'magic friends', the people you only ever see in that magical place. Have had a few of them over the years (some of whom have even turned into real friends in real life!)

1 hour ago, ian the worm said:

Inbeween, nothing. 

(Hi Rosie) ? 

I bloody love this. A few more stories like this one and I'll be able to live without an announcement for a bit :)

48 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

not yet :) 

Haha, me neither, but I'm 100% certain that the "one" (or possibly several potential "ones" for the cynics amongst us) will be somewhere on that farm. It stands to reason. You basically just need them to be carrying something super distinctive like a flag (or, indeed, a flashing pyramid hat) so that you notice that they are at all the bands you are at (because they like exactly the same music, obviously)....and voila. Easy. 

• Upvote 1

Myself and hubs met via this forum and Glastonbury. We watched Burt Bacharach almost will the rain clouds to burst on us by singing raindrops twice whilst I was blissfully unaware of who he was at the time, he knew who I was as he tried to say Hi at the efests meet but safe to say I was a tad gillespied. Nevertheless he persisted. Lol.

We got married a year and a half ago and had quite a few people from this site and Glastonbury attend. Even Mr Eavis got a mention by sending us a congrats card via a good friend from Pilton. Happy days. :D 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Haha, me neither, but I'm 100% certain that the "one" (or possibly several potential "ones" for the cynics amongst us) will be somewhere on that farm. It stands to reason. You basically just need them to be carrying something super distinctive like a flag (or, indeed, a flashing pyramid hat) so that you notice that they are at all the bands you are at (because they like exactly the same music, obviously)....and voila. Easy. 

amongst 200,000 there has to be be someone that shares my dodgy sense of music taste , hat taste , humour surely :) 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

amongst 200,000 there has to be be someone that shares my dodgy sense of music taste , hat taste , humour surely :) 

Exactly! In the words of a rather annoying guy I dated very briefly who was most certainly NOT the one, "that's just math, bro"* 

*I don't know why he left the S off either. He wasn't even American. 

9 minutes ago, henry bear said:

No, but divorced three times as a result of this bloody festival 

...And then henry bear brings all us hopeless romantics back down to earth with a thud :lol:

I remember in 2017 I emailed in a question for Charli XCX to answer in the Free Press newspaper.

I made something up about falling for someone in a nearby tent in the campsite, and if festival love would ever last. She answered it, and I’d like to think somewhere, someone read that thought it was about them. 

I met my ex at G2016, sort of finished with her after Leeds fest the same year. We hooked up again the next year at Glastonbury, she’d always conviently find me in crowds. Spent a good night watching Ed Sheeran.

I don’t talk to her anymore but I’m sure she has tickets for this year with her new boyfriend.

I met a lovely lady at Lost Horizons sauna. I went to their cafe bit, naked, bought some food and tea and noticed this woman at the back of the catering tent. We smiled at each other and then I went off back to the Horizons lawn to eat and do a bit of sunbathing.

I dozed off after a while and when I awoke she was sunbathing naked just to my right. We got to talking for a while, went to the sauna, got a bit frisky and I ended up spending three days/nights with her living in her yurt in the Lost Horizons workers camp. 

I had an amazing time with her spent wandering the festival and back at her place, which only ended when she heard that her ex boyfriend had turned up and she wanted to see him. Even though I then realised that our time together was over, I didn't regret a thing. We met up on the Sunday afternoon and had a very sweet good bye. I've never seen her since but I do have some very happy memories of our three day Glastonbury romance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

34YxavdPyOAt.gif

If my post comes off as cheesy, it wasn't meant to. I wanted to edit it but can't for some reason. Anyway, it was just a lovely, unexpected 3 days that's all.