1st ever Glasto tips?

Steveb72

6 minutes ago, Upside down frowner said:

Still use mine occasionally when out trekking, on Sunday in fact, lot lighter than a big pack. Wonder if I can swap it still!

The newer ones are completely black. I mean, you can try...

53 minutes ago, Upside down frowner said:

Still use mine occasionally when out trekking, on Sunday in fact, lot lighter than a big pack. Wonder if I can swap it still!

When they recalled them they offered a £20 voucher to spend on their website. I bought one of their bigger battery packs which were about £40 at the time I think. 

On 3/4/2019 at 7:46 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Seriously @kalifire what's the use case for taking Travel Johns out with you when there are toilets? Tents I get, but daybag? I'm a bit baffled. Shove them down your pants if you don't want to lose your place in a crowd?

Basically means you’ll never have to pee on the land if toilets aren’t close or too busy or visiting one is an inconvenience. 

11 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Basically means you’ll never have to pee on the land if toilets aren’t close or too busy or visiting one is an inconvenience. 

Women have to queue much more and longer than men. I've never had the need to carry a load of travel johns with me in case i got caught short. Quite baffled by that. Surely it's better to get to the longdrops than use the incredibly toxic John's?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Women have to queue much more and longer than men. I've never had the need to carry a load of travel johns with me in case i got caught short. Quite baffled by that. Surely it's better to get to the longdrops than use the incredibly toxic John's?

This tbh. Really don't get it! You're never that far from a toilet and the queues are never that bad. If they are it's usually because a band has just finished on a nearby stage so you just walk to the next set.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This tbh. Really don't get it! You're never that far from a toilet and the queues are never that bad. If they are it's usually because a band has just finished on a nearby stage so you just walk to the next set.

I'm quite confused by this. Only reason i can think is in a crowd waiting for a headliner but that's icky. 

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Congratulations @Gnomicide 3500 rep great work on the forum 

I'll never catch the fucker and his famed thingy. Once I've overtaken Russy, then that's it, I'm done. I'll spend the rest of my time on this forum looking over my shoulder.

Ahh, gamification!

Edit: "famed thingy" was an autocorrect, I meant to write "damned", but for once it's an actual improvement.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Look. All I can do is refer you to this well known piece of wisdom:

If you’re standing in a crowd and don’t want to miss a song, Travel John. Travel John. 

If you visit a urinal but that queue is just too long, Travel John. Travel John. 

If you have a dodgy bladder and your pee goes on and on, Travel John. Travel John. 

When your best mate’s getting tired but the journey’s not quite done, Travel, John. Travel, John. 

Not sure where the confusion lies. Personally, I never have less than 9 Travel Johns on me at any one point in time, festival or not. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Look. All I can do is refer you to this well known piece of wisdom:

If you’re standing in a crowd and don’t want to miss a song, Travel John. Travel John. 

If you visit a urinal but that queue is just too long, Travel John. Travel John. 

If you have a dodgy bladder and your pee goes on and on, Travel John. Travel John. 

When your best mate’s getting tired but the journey’s not quite done, Travel, John. Travel, John. 

Not sure where the confusion lies. Personally, I never have less than 9 Travel Johns on me at any one point in time, festival or not. 

Is this a relatively recent obsession? If so, I'd get your prostate examined. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Congratulations @Gnomicide 3500 rep great work on the forum 

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'll never catch the fucker and his famed thingy. Once I've overtaken Russy, then that's it, I'm done. I'll spend the rest of my time on this forum looking over my shoulder.

Ahh, gamification!

Edit: "famed thingy" was an autocorrect, I meant to write "damned", but for once it's an actual improvement.

Do I win a prize?

• Downvote 1

1. A shower (or bottle of water tipped over the head) in the morning is a god send.

2. A new pair of socks everyday is heaven.

3. Use the lockups

4. Wheelbarrow, stack truck or whatever you choose to carry your things ensure it has pumped up tyres and not solid ones.

5. A tent with a porch (even if small) is a must.

6. Use the hook on the longdrops door to either hang your bag on or put your loo roll on

Travel Johns are the work of the devil especially the dirty buggers who just chuck them on the floor, I lost count of how many we had to pick up on the Sunday morning last year in the Pyramid pit cos nobody must have wanted to miss the foos in there. I get using them but for christs sake put them in the bin, nobody wants to pick up a dirty travel john. 

In the past I would have said having a shower at the festival was a waste of time but I had one every morning last year after my shift and it made me feel so much better, total god send to feel clean and rejuvenated to face a full days worth of music! 

12 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Travel Johns are the work of the devil especially the dirty buggers who just chuck them on the floor, I lost count of how many we had to pick up on the Sunday morning last year in the Pyramid pit cos nobody must have wanted to miss the foos in there. I get using them but for christs sake put them in the bin, nobody wants to pick up a dirty travel john.

I thought the whole point is that you seal it up, pop it in your bag and dispose of it later. Chucking it on the ground defeats the whole point. My bag is full of these things. I carry a couple of dozen with me most days just to be sure. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, kalifire said:

I thought the whole point is that you seal it up, pop it in your bag and dispose of it later. Chucking it on the ground defeats the whole point. My bag is full of these things. I carry a couple of dozen with me most days just to be sure. 

The amount on the floor in the pit last year was beyond belief. Some just use it as another excuse to piss wherever they want and then are too lazy to dispose of it properly. Of course this isn't everyone but it was alarming how many there were- even further back up the field. 

Not sure if this has already been mentioned.

If you're a keen drinker, Glastonbury is the perfect place to over indulge, you know the kind of thing, wine for breakfast, cider through the day, spirits at night. 

My advice is make sure you drink plenty of fluids that are not alcohol over the weekend.  If you do not do this, come Monday morning you will be dangerously dehydrated, sometimes to the point of needing urgent medical assistance.

I have never followed my advice on this in the last 24 years and have been all shades of awful come Monday, including the aforementioned medical assistance in 2010.

Look after yourself, your friends and those around you.  Make sure you, your friends and those around you are having a great time and you'll not go far wrong.

I am one very jealous lizard.

11 hours ago, kalifire said:

Gave you an up vote for the lols.....