1st ever Glasto tips?

Steveb72

26 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Walking boots not wellies

Probably *the* single most useful thing I've learned from eFests. Even in 2016 they were fine. 

My personal tip; take the edge off in the morning with a white russian. Bring your own premix and buy fresh, cold milk on site. Change your life.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Probably *the* single most useful thing I've learned from eFests. Even in 2016 they were fine. 

My personal tip; take the edge off in the morning with a white russian. Bring your own premix and buy fresh, cold milk on site. Change your life.

For white Russian read whisky and cocaine

I still think wellies are absolutely fine but I know that's not a popular opinion around these parts...

As others have said though pack for all weather eventualities. It's mad how much it can change within a few hours.

Go at your own pace and soak it all in. It's an amazing place and the scale of it probably still overwhelms me nine years in. And as others have said don't beat yourself up if you don't enjoy every second. I've had bad moments there too and they were all part of it. Sometimes it can all feel a bit too much. But then it's all the better when that passes and there are moments of sheer joy at that place that I will take with me forever.

I'm a planner and planning is all part of the fun for me but learn quickly that the best laid plans will often be cast aside for something better/more right on the day. I'm still learning that one too.

In my first year I was massively swayed by what my friends who'd been before told me to do but I don't regret any of it, even if I'd do things different now. There is still so much to explore.

Enjoy it! Watch the sunset over the pyramid and breathe it all in

Edited by Zoo Music Girl
  • Upvote 2

The festival entertainment opens up much earlier these days than it used to and you will find gigs  happening all over the site. Grab a big map from the stewards and explore. Some gigs will be listed in the official program/app, many will not. Relax, chill and enjoy ?

3 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I still think wellies are absolutely fine but I know that's not a popular opinion around these parts...

As others have said though pack for all weather eventualities. It's mad how much it can change within a few hours.

Go at your own pace and soak it all in. It's an amazing place and the scale of it probably still overwhelms me nine years in. And as others have said don't beat yourself up if you don't enjoy every second. I've had bad moments there too and they were all part of it. Sometimes it can all feel a bit too much. But then it's all the better when that passes and there are moments of sheer joy at that place that I will take with me forever.

I'm a planner and planning is all part of the fun for me but learn quickly that the best laid plans will often be cast aside for something better/more right on the day. I'm still learning that one too.

In my first year I was massively swayed by what my friends who'd been before told me to do but I don't regret any of it, even if I'd do things different now. There is still so much to explore.

Enjoy it! Watch the sunset over the pyramid and breathe it all in

I agree with this including the wellies. I love my walking boots and my wellies equally. My walking boots get me places that would be awkward otherwise but you can only jump in puddles and splosh in wellies. I'm sorry but too many happy times from childhood to adulthood have been spent sploshing. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I agree with this including the wellies. I love my walking boots and my wellies equally. My walking boots get me places that would be awkward otherwise but you can only jump in puddles and splosh in wellies. I'm sorry but too many happy times from childhood to adulthood have been spent sploshing. 

This. Mine are super comfortable too. Cost me a fiver and have done countless festivals.

Stop off at a local cider farm and buy a big bag/box of rough cider (35ish pints and about £30 - £40). So handy between a few people carrying just one big bag of cider rather than a load of cans. Everyone keeps asking where they can buy them from on site! 

Not sure why there is negativity towards wellies! Invested in a cracking pair a few years ago; definitely the best purchase I have made for Glastonbury. I now don’t take boots/trainers, just flip flops/wellies and only shorts!

This will be my third glasto. Ive had my highest highs and lowest lows during this festival. 

My advice: don't be afraid to leave your friends if theres a conflict and you want to see something different. 

Follow your heart, not your friends. 

Also, if you're feeling worn down, go get a shower. You'll feel new again. 

7 hours ago, Glastorob said:

Stop off at a local cider farm and buy a big bag/box of rough cider (35ish pints and about £30 - £40). So handy between a few people carrying just one big bag of cider rather than a load of cans. Everyone keeps asking where they can buy them from on site! 

Each to their own of course, but this sounds a great deal less convenient than cans to me...

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

This will be my third glasto. Ive had my highest highs and lowest lows during this festival. 

My advice: don't be afraid to leave your friends if theres a conflict and you want to see something different. 

Follow your heart, not your friends. 

Also, if you're feeling worn down, go get a shower. You'll feel new again. 

This is one thing I've never done at Glastonbury. One of my mates swears by it though and I can believe it is pretty transformational. Maybe this year!

Take lots of hats, take fancy dress that isn’t a particular outfit more a mismatch of multiple ones you don’t mind ruining.

take a few beers a box of wine and a bottle of spirits decanted out of the glass bottle.

eat in the green fields area never around the main stages.

talk to strangers