1st ever Glasto tips?

Steveb72

Separate all your stuff into carrier bags when you pack. I've seen this system mocked on tv and I don't get it, having a different bag for your t-shirts, pants and socks is incredibly useful. 

Don't drag yourself from anywhere you're randomly having fun because of plans you made a month beforehand.

Get your first poop done sooner rather than later.

Just now, Keithy said:

Discover the festival yourself rather than trying to live other people's festival by doing all the things that people say you must do. Most stuff at Glastonbury are not things to tick off but to discover yourself. Just wander.

Was just composing a post to say similar. Yeah, this is spot on.

13 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Discover the festival yourself rather than trying to live other people's festival by doing all the things that people say you must do. Most stuff at Glastonbury are not things to tick off but to discover yourself. Just wander.

Indeed. One of my favourite memories from 2011, well any year really, was chatting to one of my younger neighbours each morning. 

I don't think we did the same thing once over the whole 5 days apart from that chat. Completely different experiences, we may as well have been at separate festivals. We both had an amazing time.

My first time going to Glasto as well this year, coming from New York. After 8 years at Bonnaroo, and a couple times at Coachella and Lollapalooza, I'm excited to see what Glasto is all about.

First time I've been excited by a festival without having seen a lineup. Can't wait to just get weird and stay up till sunrise every day...also, it'll be nice sleeping in a tent and not having it turn into an oven by 7am like at Bonnaroo (avg daily high temp is usually 90-95F with humidity almost always high)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Don't beat yourself up if youre not feeling shiny happy all the time. Its nearly a week in a tent in overwhelming stimulation of the senses. Its ok to get overwhelmed or just think- im not enjoying this very second. Itll pass

+1

At least once each festival I indulge in some self-doubt that I'm doing something wrong, or I'm not 'getting it', or I'm too old, or generally just give voice to any of the negative thoughts that go through my head at any one point in time. But Glastonbury's no different. Observe them, recognise they exist, and let them pass through - don't provide a home to them. Take some time out and go and overlook everything, regain your sense of perspective, and jump back in.

4 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Don't get your wristband on the hand you wipe with.

I did wristbanding in 2015 and said this to a woman who couldn't decide what wrist to get it on. Obviously said in jest but she was clearly offended ? can't win them all.

Re advice- Give yourself some leeway, the site is HUGE and when it's the busiest and muddiest it may take you a fair while to get between stages. The Park stage is fair bit further away than the other main stages but it's a really nice area and one of my personal favourites. Don't be disappointed if you don't fit everything into this year btw.

Don’t spend too much time at the stages. Wander around any point of the day/night with no aim of being anywhere and see what you stumble across. Catch a pyramid sub/headliner if any of them tickle your fancy. Make the most of every day and get up and out early as possible. 

Dont throw cups of piss.

Take it all in!