National Express seem to have shot up in price

angelin

Think I paid about 75 for tickets from Canterbury. Seemed alright to me, given the convenience. Could probably have done it cheaper by train, but a lot more messing about, queuing etc. This seems the easiest way, and that’s what you’re paying for, I guess.

23 minutes ago, dan05delaney said:

Looking at National express coming down from Manchester, looks like it'll be about £200 for the 2 of us, works out £50 each way, per person, not the cheapest but can still imagine it being cheaper and a bit easier than trying to get the train down 

Thought 'that can't be right', but just checked Leeds and it's £92 return. That's £20 more my See coach, and I'm sure National Express used to be the slightly cheaper of the two.

Maybe they were cheaper around t-day.

Ye this one way thing is nonsense. A Glasgow return is £140 (fine) but as I don't fancy sleeping over night on the bus going down and turning up to Glastonbury wrecked at 8.30am, was looking at a single on the way back and that's still £140. 

Great.

But I really hate dealing with Castle Cary on the Monday morning! 

Edited by Sasperella

Maybe sleeping on the way down isn't so bad....but it really depends what sort of bus turns up. The bus we got from Sheffield to Glastonbury in 2017 was an absolute dream and less than half full. The one coming back looked like it had arrived via the 1970's and was rammed. I would cry if that turned up at Glasgow bus station at 11pm on the Tuesday night to pick me up...

Edited by Sasperella