Monday flight home

Magic Rat

First time at the festival and looking at booking flights back to Ireland afterwards. Hearing nightmare tales of getting out on Monday. Is a 4pm flight from Bristol back doable if we are up early and get national express back? 

only other option is a 10pm flight with another 2 hour drive once we land ?

2 hours ago, Magic Rat said:

First time at the festival and looking at booking flights back to Ireland afterwards. Hearing nightmare tales of getting out on Monday. Is a 4pm flight from Bristol back doable if we are up early and get national express back? 

only other option is a 10pm flight with another 2 hour drive once we land ?

It's doable, but risky...

I'd be tempted to get a night in an airbnb in Bristol, and fly out on Tuesday if it was me.

Defo doable. Past three times I’ve been at Glastonbury I’ve been back in Bristol by about 10:30am.

To be fair, I do wake up first thing in the morning and get to the bus point by just after 7am so usually almost first there. It can vary when the bus leaves but usually by about 8-8:30am.

Just depends how early you want to be up and ready, as I’ve no idea how much busier it gets later on.

• Upvote 1

Whenever I've flown from Ireland I've always gone a day early and stay in Bristol on the Monday then fly home Tuesday. Too much pressure to get into Bristol on time and you can't beat getting to a hotel and having a long hot shower. Would hate to go straight to the airport stinking after partying for 5 days. Would feel worse for the poor fecker sat beside me on the plane. Bristol is a gorgeous city and a shower and a drink out of a glass and food on a plate is just worth every penny. 

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

Whenever I've flown from Ireland I've always gone a day early and stay in Bristol on the Monday then fly home Tuesday. Too much pressure to get into Bristol on time and you can't beat getting to a hotel and having a long hot shower. Would hate to go straight to the airport stinking after partying for 5 days. Would feel worse for the poor fecker sat beside me on the plane. Bristol is a gorgeous city and a shower and a drink out of a glass and food on a plate is just worth every penny. 

We usually do similar. Long shower, clean clothes, big bowl of pasta, bottle of red wine and a kip. 

Flights are much cheaper on Tuesday too which usually negates any hotel price.  

13 minutes ago, The Nal said:

We usually do similar. Long shower, clean clothes, big bowl of pasta, bottle of red wine and a kip. 

Flights are much cheaper on Tuesday too which usually negates any hotel price.  

Magic isn't it. Sitting around grinning like an eejit feeling all smug and clean with a nice glass of vino in front of ye. Tops it off nicely and reality pushed back for another day. 

18 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Defo doable. Past three times I’ve been at Glastonbury I’ve been back in Bristol by about 10:30am.

To be fair, I do wake up first thing in the morning and get to the bus point by just after 7am so usually almost first there. It can vary when the bus leaves but usually by about 8-8:30am.

Just depends how early you want to be up and ready, as I’ve no idea how much busier it gets later on.

Is that National Express bus point? I m also reading about a shuttle bus?

Thanks 

Yeah, treat yourself to a night in Bristol and fly home on the Tuesday. It takes all the pressure off - no fear of missing your Monday flight due to traffic. I missed a Monday Belfast flight from Heathrow one year due to gridlock - extortionately expensive! So now I always drive (hire car) back to London to drop off me festival buddy, stay a night somewhere and fly on Tuesday at a civilised hour.

Also means you can make best use of the full Sunday night on the farm and can leave the site late afternoon Monday to avoid the jams. All very stress-free. Just beware the tat monsters on Monday afternoon (don't leave your tent unattended!)...