It's my life don't you forget it

guypjfreak

Terribly sad news. The last two albums are nigh-on perfect and his solo lp was very good also.

I Believe In You and New Grass are such beautiful tracks. And the hits from previous records still stand up pretty well.

Very hard to produce such great commercial and then experimental music, keep your integrity and legacy intact.

RIP Mark. And thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9HsGsB-MCM

I'll just leave this here for anyone who would like a lesson in genius. One of my favourite pieces of music ever, and one that should leave many 'musicians' hanging their heads in inadequacy...

Rest well, Mark Hollis.

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The most important band for me in my youth and through to today.  Introduced me to a whole new concept of music with Spirit of Eden.  I still listen to all of their albums on a regular basis and the evolution of styles is very interesting to hear.  Mark's solo album was also a wonderful piece of music.

Mark's music will live forever for a huge number of people, going by the lovely tributes today.

Such quality, this was the first song/video I saw of them on a Saturday morning Chart Show on ITV in the mid to late 80's. It blew me away...

I still absolutely love it, its brilliant. Nearly 35 years later it still gives me goose bumps. It works today as much as it did back then. I can always see myself playing Talk Talk albums in the future, I cant see how their music will ever seem dated....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dingbat2 said:

Such quality, this was the first song/video I saw of them on a Saturday morning Chart Show on ITV in the mid to late 80's. It blew me away...

I still absolutely love it, its brilliant. Nearly 35 years later it still gives me goose bumps. It works today as much as it did back then. I can always see myself playing Talk Talk albums in the future, I cant see how their music will ever seem dated....

Sad news.

Timeless song that, genuinely uplifting.

Always think of Glastonbury when I hear it as has been mentioned above, regularly used by the sound blokes for the main stages.

Great songwriter.