Hospitality Tickets?

Olshansky

Anyone have experience going into the festival with hospitality tickets? 

I missed out during the first sale and was basically gutted.  Last week though, an industry friend confirmed that he could get us hospitality tickets.  He says it's a sure thing, and that I should book flights, however we wouldn't be actually purchasing them until later on this spring. So of course I'm elated, but I've never entered the festival this way before and I don't have any idea what to expect.

Is there a day (month?) when these are normally purchased? I want to make sure I have the money available.  Other than the camping/interstage access perks, is everything else the same? (arrive on wednesday, etc). Do you get a physical ticket sent to you, or do you end up on a list? 

thanks for reading 

One of my mates got two hospitality places (free, the jammy bastard) one year. He didn't actually get physical tickets, but was told to drive to the site and ask security to call X name, and he'd sort it out. So he drove on to site, and was asked to show his car park pass. He told them he hadn't got one because he was due to get in to the festival on hospitality. I suspect that many other people would have been denied access at this point, but this lad could talk the birds out of the trees. Anyway, he got to the entrance of hospitality parking, and asked them to call X name. Sure enough when they got on the radio, X name came back and told them to let him in, and to give him two hospitality wristbnds, which they did.

My mate and his misses (also a friend!) then got their stuff out and walked through hospitality camping with it, and came and camped with us - the hoi polloi! 

That's all the information I have on that. Not sure whether if it helps or not, but suspect that it doesn't. 

57 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

One of my mates got two hospitality places (free, the jammy bastard) one year. He didn't actually get physical tickets, but was told to drive to the site and ask security to call X name, and he'd sort it out. So he drove on to site, and was asked to show his car park pass. He told them he hadn't got one because he was due to get in to the festival on hospitality. I suspect that many other people would have been denied access at this point, but this lad could talk the birds out of the trees. Anyway, he got to the entrance of hospitality parking, and asked them to call X name. Sure enough when they got on the radio, X name came back and told them to let him in, and to give him two hospitality wristbnds, which they did.

My mate and his misses (also a friend!) then got their stuff out and walked through hospitality camping with it, and came and camped with us - the hoi polloi! 

That's all the information I have on that. Not sure whether if it helps or not, but suspect that it doesn't. 

Thank you!  yes, very helpful 

Hey @Olshansky

We got in on a friends and family ticket in 2015.

Wasn’t successful in the main or resale, but we have a friend who is a music agent and had told us there was a possibility he could get us in. 

Sure enough we received an email with a link to make payment not long after the resale had taken place. Had to pay full price but at that stage we’d have paid a lot more!

We were able to park in hospitality parking which was by Ped Gate A, then it was business as usual, camp wherever you want in regular camping. 

The same friend managed to get another of our mates in, in 2017. 

This was slightly different as it was free, camping in hospitality. Friend in question didn’t find out he was going until 2 days before though. 

Cheers

Going back a few years (2000's) two of my mates got hospitality tickets (they had to pay for them) having missed out on the resale. I'm not sure how they managed to get them but essentially I think they got to park in hospitality parking near to PG A, were allowed to camp in the hospitality camping area which I think had showers, (possibly) flushing loos and a bar and could also go through the interstage bit between Other and Pyramid where there was a bar, seating and food stalls which were all a lot less crowded and had a better selection of drinks etc.    

15 hours ago, caballosblancos said:

If you’re saying you have to ‘purchase’ them it sounds like you might be getting the Friends and Family ticket. In which case you buy them after resale. And you get a week’s window to buy them using your registration numbers online. But good luck, and well done! 

What is a friends and family ticket, never heard of that before? Surely after the resale all the tickets are sold or is this some kind of different allocation?

8 hours ago, ripcurl85 said:

Going back a few years (2000's) two of my mates got hospitality tickets (they had to pay for them) having missed out on the resale. I'm not sure how they managed to get them but essentially I think they got to park in hospitality parking near to PG A, were allowed to camp in the hospitality camping area which I think had showers, (possibly) flushing loos and a bar and could also go through the interstage bit between Other and Pyramid where there was a bar, seating and food stalls which were all a lot less crowded and had a better selection of drinks etc.    

I have a friend in the industry who get me hospitality tickets if I fail via normal route. Cost twice as much as standard tickets (but hey it gets me in) and gives you exactly what is mentioned above.

oh, also I just remembered, for the past couple of times I’ve done hospitality on the Thursday night in the interstate bar Michael Eavis has given a charity speech and opened a free bar for half an hour paid for by the charity?!?!

Edited by Jon Cann
Additional info

13 minutes ago, Jon Cann said:

I have a friend in the industry who get me hospitality tickets if I fail via normal route. Cost twice as much as standard tickets (but hey it gets me in) and gives you exactly what is mentioned above.

This is exactly what was described to me 

The friend that's helping me out is great - but he lives in London and I'm in New York.  He's great, but it's not like we're super close and I didnt feel comfortable throwing 10,000 questions at him about how it all works.  (I don't want to annoy him, as he's obviously doing me a massive favor).  So does a link just come to you to pay? It feels very strange to know that you're "in" but don't have confirmation numbers and all that.

14 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

This is exactly what was described to me 

The friend that's helping me out is great - but he lives in London and I'm in New York.  He's great, but it's not like we're super close and I didnt feel comfortable throwing 10,000 questions at him about how it all works.  (I don't want to annoy him, as he's obviously doing me a massive favor).  So does a link just come to you to pay? It feels very strange to know that you're "in" but don't have confirmation numbers and all that.

I have known my friend for years and trust them a lot. From recollection, she get confirmed what hospitality tickets she can get in March and then I need to pay her straight away. 

I then get a ticket in May/start of June with my name on but no photo.

I need to present the ticket with photo ID when I get to the hospitality office at gate A where they exchange it for a hospitality band.

Works well but I guess it depends how well you trust your London friend.

2 minutes ago, Jon Cann said:

Works well but I guess it depends how well you trust your London friend.

very much trusted! there's no way he'd tell me to buy a flight if he wasn't sure, and he did say "buy the flight".  just trying to not burden him with my pesky questions about the process of it all.  Very excited for this year! Thank you Jon

2 hours ago, BigChief said:

What is a friends and family ticket, never heard of that before? Surely after the resale all the tickets are sold or is this some kind of different allocation?

They’re full price tickets that you are allocated by various people important to the festival, who seem to have a personal allocation; I.e extended Eavii family, stage managers, etc. I’ve no idea how big this allocation is but I know 4 people who are using them this year. They’re also getting a cv ticket in the mix. 

A few days after resale if your reg number has been nominated you log in and then get 7 days to pay. Very civilised.

Edit: I don’t know of relevance to resale date. Might just make logistic sense 

Edited by caballosblancos
Addition