WORTH A PUNT!?

rickyclark

I’m sure I remember Emily saying that the three headliners this year are all male and British, am I wrong? It’s a dead cert one headliner is The Cure but looking at the odds on sky bet I’m thinking a cheeky punt on Foals (Greek?!) - 8/1, Chemical Brothers - 22/1 and Noel Gallagher - 50/1. What do you all reckon? Any clues or hints to persuade me other wise. 

All the best :)

22 minutes ago, rickyclark said:

I’m sure I remember Emily saying that the three headliners this year are all male and British, am I wrong? It’s a dead cert one headliner is The Cure but looking at the odds on sky bet I’m thinking a cheeky punt on Foals (Greek?!) - 8/1, Chemical Brothers - 22/1 and Noel Gallagher - 50/1. What do you all reckon? Any clues or hints to persuade me other wise. 

Maybe Macca was meant to be one of them

4 hours ago, rickyclark said:

I'm not a gambler, but if I were you, I'd go for The Cure, Noel Gallagher, and Foals ante post, but not in a dutching way. More of a full on demented accumulator reverse roll up way. I would then get a beard to lay on the same bet - just to increase your profits. Then I would lift up my right leg a little, shake it, and then place it back down on the ground again - this being the universal signal of ones desire for the Gods to be gracious with you. 

All the best.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

If it's Foals or The Chems, I'll give you the money myself*. There's no evidence they've done anything to deserve the bump up since the last time either act played.

* I won't.

Foals and Chemical Brothers nailed on then. Not doing out deserving to get bumped up seems to be the theme this year.

20 hours ago, rickyclark said:

Noel is playing 29th in stoke and 30th in Exeter 

9 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Indeed, even the bookies think it's 4/9.

Bookies don't have a clue.

Those odds are purely based on how many people have lumped money on.

Neil could make a post that he's heard Elton John is headling and the odds would be next to nothing by the end of the day. 

9 minutes ago, mike86 said:

Neil could make a post that he's heard Elton John is headling and the odds would be next to nothing by the end of the day. 

But that works, it's the wisdom of crowds in action. They don't need to know anything because the people putting the money on do. I agree you could still mislead people but that would only shorten the odds so there would be no point. What you've got to do is convince people that there's absolutely no chance of something happening, then put all your money on it.

Remember, the bookies have far more riding on getting it right than anybody else.

1 hour ago, mike86 said:

We got The 1975 to odds on at one stage.....