Lizzo

CaledonianGonzo

• 2 months later...

I was gutted to not get tickets for her Manchester show - was on the site at 10am on the dot but nada!

I would love nothing more than for her to be at Glasto again next year. When I watched her set from this year, live, as it was happening, on the tv, and she actually shouted out to all the people "watching on the TV" to join in with the affirmations too, it was just lovely to hear when I was feeling so down.

25 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

So excited to see Lizzo at Brixton tomorrow! 

If her set is even a fraction of how good it looked at Glasto it's going to be amaaaaaazzzzinnggg! 

I can't wait, seeing her is gonna bring me right back to the summer and seeing her in the searing heat, perfect therapy given we're now in November! 

• Upvote 1

Can't wait to see her on Monday in Manchester. And the Christmas markets will be happening so a mini holiday. ?

Have you seen on Twitter the Ariana Grande fans giving our girl smack because billboard didn't name check Ari on the credits for the duet. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the hashtag trending. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Can't wait to see her on Monday in Manchester. And the Christmas markets will be happening so a mini holiday. ?

Have you seen on Twitter the Ariana Grande fans giving our girl smack because billboard didn't name check Ari on the credits for the duet. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the hashtag trending. 

Also off on Monday, missed her last Manchester date as I was away (and wasn't at Glastonbury 2019) so I can't bloody wait, been a long time in the wanting.

Anything that involves Ariana Grande fans is the road to insanity, stay away.

4 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

She's only doing one show in New Zealand but it's a one-stage festival and I'm not a bit interested in the rest of the line-up.

Really hope she play Glasto next year. Love her general attitude and Cuz I Love You is an album of bangers. I may have it on vinyl...

I’d missed that show announcement and had to google it... it’s a pass from me too ?

9 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Oh my god this is the best. ?

9 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

She's only doing one show in New Zealand but it's a one-stage festival and I'm not a bit interested in the rest of the line-up.

Really hope she play Glasto next year. Love her general attitude and Cuz I Love You is an album of bangers. I may have it on vinyl...

Hmm. Brockhampton, Kaytranada and Octavian get quite a lot of love on here, if you've not checked them out before writing it off. Kaytranada in particular is for everyone.

I don't find it too likely she'll be back next year because she's already onto the second run of European dates and another summer of shows might be a step too far. At the same time, if she is announced anywhere then if there's any artist in the world who should be back to celebrate their glow up then it's '100% that bitch'.

Edited by dentalplan

54 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Oh my god this is the best. ?

Hmm. Brockhampton, Kaytranada and Octavian get quite a lot of love on here, if you've not checked them out before writing it off. Kaytranada in particular is for everyone.

I don't find it too likely she'll be back next year because she's already onto the second run of European dates and another summer of shows might be a step too far. At the same time, if she is announced anywhere then if there's any artist in the world who should be back to celebrate their glow up then it's '100% that bitch'.

I'll check them out but I think all the tickets have sold out now. My friend is going for Brockhamptom and doesn't know any Lizzo songs besides Truth Hurts!?

I only knew a few before going to see her at West Holts, loved it. 

The only thing I don't like is how much the mrs loved it as shes not shut up singing the lyrics since and constantly have to hear her singing how shes "took a DNA test" and is "100% that bitch" :mellow:

• Upvote 1

Will report back properly in the morning but fuck, she better not play this year, she needs to headline the big pointy bastard in 2021 assuming this trajectory continues.

It's like she transplanted her 2019 WH set, crowd and all, into Brixton. Yet was a totally different show and genuine, organic interaction with the crowd. Was rocking all the way back to the back bars, incredible set. Didn't bother trying to get to the front as the whole place was fire. 

Genuine superstar. Felt like the whole crowd was simply putty in her hand from the get go, but damn her voice is good.