Lizzo

CaledonianGonzo

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

US arena tour for autumn, so I'd be surprised if she wasn't headlining or strong subbing a bunch of UK/EU festivals next summer.

Hope so. Has she been announced anywhere so far? Most line-ups are out for most festivals.

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Lizzo hitting Europe next summer looks nailed with those dates.

Think that’s a pyramid sub or other headliner contender in the bag already.

If the album does well then I guess sub wouldn’t be out of the question, but as it stands at the moment third down seems the obvious place for her imo. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

If the album does well then I guess sub wouldn’t be out of the question, but as it stands at the moment third down seems the obvious place for her imo. 

I think if Lorde can sub Lizzo definitely can. She will likely headline any US festival she plays next year.

Edited by Matt42

12 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I think if Lorde can sub Lizzo definitely can. She will likely headline any US festival she plays next year.

Lolla has 8 spots to fill. Bonnaroo has 6 and so does Austin City Limits. Theyll all get her in some form and  she ends up as a stretch headliner at the big ones then mid tier ones likely gotta give it to her outright if thats the route to go. And she didnt even book her dates this year to revolve around an ACL headline slot so thats interesting.

10 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Lolla has 8 spots to fill. Bonnaroo has 6 and so does Austin City Limits. Theyll all get her in some form and  she ends up as a stretch headliner at the big ones then mid tier ones likely gotta give it to her outright if thats the route to go. And she didnt even book her dates this year to revolve around an ACL headline slot so thats interesting.

Probably waiting to see how this album does but I feel even if it’s moderately successful she will still probably take headline slots in America and large positions in Europe. 

I was a bit unsure about her future but I think she’s a top billing artist still for a while yet.

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Well she's fuckd it now. Can't see Glastonbury giving her a big slot if she's using horrible terms like that in her songs 

Eh, I doubt that’ll stop them. Unfortunately I think Americans are a bit behind on terms like that not being cool, and they’ve booked acts with far more controversy/stupid lyrics than that. 

It's not an ableist word in the US, at all. Particularly not in black communities.

She's made the right move here and it's good that she removed it so quickly but saying 'she should know better' is the kind of British exceptionalism that makes us all look like twats.

Someone at the record company should have definitely noticed though, I find it hard to believe the song got all the way to release without a British person hearing it.