Lizzo

CaledonianGonzo

• 1 month later...

Done some digging and there are rumours she’s back at Bonaroo in June. A potential option for a sub?

I was thinking Lizzo would make a great Other headline for if for some reason they don’t have Dua (but I think they do). I just don’t know whether Lizzo would be purely pyramid bound (probably is).

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Done some digging and there are rumours she’s back at Bonaroo in June. A potential option for a sub?

I was thinking Lizzo would make a great Other headline for if for some reason they don’t have Dua (but I think they do). I just don’t know whether Lizzo would be purely pyramid bound (probably is).

I'd much rather have her getting the Pyramid field bouncing in the day. 2nd or 3rd from the top would do nicely.

22 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'd much rather have her getting the Pyramid field bouncing in the day. 2nd or 3rd from the top would do nicely.

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Agreed. Would be a great sub for Elton.

I agree - however my current prediction for headliners and subs is

Billie / Dave

Macca / Noel

Taylor / Lorde

I guess she could go where Dave is? I’d argue she would work best under Macca but I feel like Noel is back.

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Lorde ain’t subbing.

Problem solved!

If she’s booked (and I’d be shocked if she isn’t) it would be way before she released solar power and she typically trends at the top of festival lineups. I think she’s a sub.

7 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah, or Dave isnt playing. Could easily just be coheadlining R&L or doing Wireless or even something like Boardmasters instead...

I have a gut feeling he’s doing both. R&L have six headliners again and they don’t typically book exclusives anymore. I’d think after his set in 2019 and Stormzy’s headline slot he’d be very high up on Emily’s wish list. He’s not quite at Glasto headline level and I don’t think he will reach it… he’s big but lacking the cross-over appeal that Stormzy did. I think he’s a strong sub and someone I could imagine them securing.

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

He definitely wouldn't play opposite McCartney because he'd want to see him.

Oh yeah completely. But I can’t really see where he could go as Friday and Sunday should be booked up (QOTSA and PSB).

Edited by Matt42

35 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I have a gut feeling he’s doing both. R&L have six headliners again and they don’t typically book exclusives anymore. I’d think after his set in 2019 and Stormzy’s headline slot he’d be very high up on Emily’s wish list. He’s not quite at Glasto headline level and I don’t think he will reach it… he’s big but lacking the cross-over appeal that Stormzy did. I think he’s a strong sub and someone I could imagine them securing.

Of course he could play, but I dont think he's necessarily that high up on the list. As you say, he already had a pretty big set last festival and he has plenty of alternatives that he could do instead.

I was going to say that his last album didnt exactly set the world on fire like his first one did - but actually it seems to have done pretty well on the charts and also did better than his first critically too....

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Of course he could play, but I dont think he's necessarily that high up on the list. As you say, he already had a pretty big set last festival and he has plenty of alternatives that he could do instead.

I was going to say that his last album didnt exactly set the world on fire like his first one did - but actually it seems to have done pretty well on the charts and also did better than his first critically too....

Emily follows and likes him on Instagram so I am convinced 🙂 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
10 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

https://completemusicupdate.com/article/judge-mainly-sides-with-lizzo-in-ongoing-truth-hurts-copyright-battle/

So it turns out the line “I just took a DNA test, turns out I’m 100% that bitch” was actually written by Yves Rothman.

Nah it wasn't it was from a meme https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/music/a28857525/twitter-lizzo-stole-dna-test-truth-hurts-lyric-trademark/

8 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

https://completemusicupdate.com/article/judge-mainly-sides-with-lizzo-in-ongoing-truth-hurts-copyright-battle/

So it turns out the line “I just took a DNA test, turns out I’m 100% that bitch” was actually written by Yves Rothman.

That's a pretty inaccurate summary of the article you linked. Lizzo co-wrote a song with Justin Raisen, Jeremiah Raisen and Yves Rothman that contained that line. Article doesn't say which of the 4 came up with the line. And the 3 of them want co-writing credits for Truth Hurts but it says the judge mainly sided with Lizzo in her summary judgement.

17 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

That's a pretty inaccurate summary of the article you linked. Lizzo co-wrote a song with Justin Raisen, Jeremiah Raisen and Yves Rothman that contained that line. Article doesn't say which of the 4 came up with the line. And the 3 of them want co-writing credits for Truth Hurts but it says the judge mainly sided with Lizzo in her summary judgement.

Raisen the bar.