Lizzo

CaledonianGonzo

33 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Lizzo was one of the most amazing sets I've seen at glasto in 34 years. The positivity in the crowd was like nothing else. 

Well said old bean, couldn't agree more. 

Well there are a lot of other great sets too ?

That was up there with Flaming Lips headlining the Park in 2017 as one of the great Glastonbury performances for me.

What a show, what an atmosphere. You could tell how affected she and everyone else was by it, and it was the same for everyone around me as well.

An astonishingly good set.

11 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Just watching Lizzo now, probably one of two performances that made me genuinely jealous not to be there (Chems being the other) this year. 

Gonna have to try extra hard when Lizzo is headlining the Park next year on Friday night!

Headlining the Park? U mad? There's only one stage she should be on when she returns.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, jparx said:

Headlining the Park? U mad? There's only one stage she should be on when she returns.

Jeez, okay...

She'd never headline the Pyramid (next yr I mean), and I'd prefer seeing her at night with lights and all her bejazzled big girls dancing under spotlights. 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

She was bloody brilliant. Yass, my Queen ?? ?? And she made EVERYONE feel good about themselves didn’t she? Was it me, or was the audience predominantly female? It felt like a sisterhood. True girl power, not that Spice Girls shite.

Edited by phillyfaddle
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

She was bloody brilliant. Yass, my Queen ?? ?? And she made EVERYONE feel good about themselves didn’t she? Was it me, or was the audience predominantly female? It felt like a sisterhood. True girl power-, not that Spice Girls shite. 

I thought there was actually quite a mix. There was a little boy probably about 8-10 near us and he was loving it as well. 

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I thought there was actually quite a mix. There was a little boy probably about 8-10 near us and he was loving it as well. 

You’re probably right (mainly girls around us). Just felt like a massive hit of female energy there. Still buzzing! 

It was the only set I watched that made me very jealous not to be there and I knew before the fest that it would be the only one I was bothered about missing out on. 

She definitely deserves the Pyramid but would be fab to see her headlining The Park next year!

My 8 yr old niece watched some of it with me and literally could not stop talking about "the lady with half of her bum out" I'm not sure if she's in awe or scarred... maybe both ?

1 hour ago, phillyfaddle said:

She was bloody brilliant. Yass, my Queen ?? ?? And she made EVERYONE feel good about themselves didn’t she? Was it me, or was the audience predominantly female? It felt like a sisterhood. True girl power, not that Spice Girls shite.

Girl Power (a) comes in many shapes and sizes, all valid and (b) does not pit one group of women against another group of women.

• Upvote 1