BBC6 Music Festival 2019

DDave

20 minutes ago, stereodista said:

That’s a Mountford Hall show with Bill Ryder-Jones and Marika Hackman, so almost certainly won’t be £40...

That’s what it says on the website. Friday Olympia and all Mountford Hall shows listed as £35+£2.65, and Sat/Sun Olympia £38+£2.85. Late and Day events seem to be £18+£1.80.

Even if the Ex:Re show price isn’t correct, that was just a particularly mad example but it doesn’t seem like good value across the board.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That’s what it says on the website. Friday Olympia and all Mountford Hall shows listed as £35+£2.65, and Sat/Sun Olympia £38+£2.85. Late and Day events seem to be £18+£1.80.

Even if the Ex:Re show price isn’t correct, that was just a particularly mad example but it doesn’t seem like good value across the board.

Christ, that’s crazy! 

My apologies.

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I’m probably gonna go to one or two ‘cause they’re just down the road from me but can’t say I’m too enthused about the prices. Had always assumed these kind a of things would be slightly cheaper than usual shows - not more.

Not impressed with the line up or price. I’d love to see Idles but since they’re first on, they’ll probably end up with a half hour set which just isn’t worth the £40 for. I went in 2015 when the War on Drugs were first on and they played 4 songs. Thankfully Interpol and Sleater Kinney were on that night so it wasn’t too bad. But since I’ve very little interest in the other 3 acts that night, it’s not worth the hassle. If they were on with Hot Chip I probably would have lumped in but alas they’re not

The day line up with the Coral seems reasonable and decent for 20 quid. Probably not decent enough to tempt me but there looks to be a few things there that I’d go along and see

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

The lineup is very good as a whole, yet there isn't one day good enough for the price to justify going.

I'm surprised there isn't some whole day access tickets of some kind, there's about 7 or 8 band's I'd really like to see but looks like it would cost almost £200 and several clash anyway. Might go to the Saturday Olympia as I live nearby but otherwise just gonna check out the fringe festival.

2 hours ago, stylishkids said:

Not impressed with the line up or price. I’d love to see Idles but since they’re first on, they’ll probably end up with a half hour set which just isn’t worth the £40 for. I went in 2015 when the War on Drugs were first on and they played 4 songs. Thankfully Interpol and Sleater Kinney were on that night so it wasn’t too bad. But since I’ve very little interest in the other 3 acts that night, it’s not worth the hassle. If they were on with Hot Chip I probably would have lumped in but alas they’re not

The day line up with the Coral seems reasonable and decent for 20 quid. Probably not decent enough to tempt me but there looks to be a few things there that I’d go along and see

Idles won't be on for half an hour. Future Islands, Sparks and Goldfrapp all had at least an hour 2 years ago on the same night. 

6 hours ago, DDave said:

Idles won't be on for half an hour. Future Islands, Sparks and Goldfrapp all had at least an hour 2 years ago on the same night. 

That’s good to hear then and pretty good for an opening act. Listened to the latest the good, the bad and the queen album today and it sounds half decent so may still pick up a ticket for it yet then

• Like 1

I went to the first one at Victoria Warehouse in Manchester where there were some dreadful clashes.  The solution appears to have been to turn it into a multi-venue event. 

I think it's a bit played out now and an excuse for the 6 music folk to have a weekend away and party. 

I've always been intrigued - who books these shows?  And do local promoters not get annoyed that the BBC is on their turf?