Jay.driscoll

Christine and the Queens

Anyone listen to BBC Radio 2 this morning? Christine and the Queens played live....  Zoe Ball made a big hint that they will be playing this year and she didn’t deny... was very close to a self confirm! 

Really hope so as her set two years ago was amazing and her live shows are so good! 

I didn't hear them on Radio 2 this morning, but heard them for the very first time ever this afternoon. The song Tilted came on while I was washing up in the kitchen. It got me kind of dancing, if rocking from one side to the other can actually be considered dancing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I didn't hear them on Radio 2 this morning, but heard them for the very first time ever this afternoon. The song Tilted came on while I was washing up in the kitchen. It got me kind of dancing, if rocking from one side to the other can actually be considered dancing. 

You should try that whole album. It is phenomenal. 

23 minutes ago, themuel said:

You should try that whole album. It is phenomenal. 

Do you want to dent my lack of musical credentials!?  Actually, thanks for the suggestion, as it may well just tip me over the balancing point, and I may well give it a whirl.

6 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Do you want to dent my lack of musical credentials!?  Actually, thanks for the suggestion, as it may well just tip me over the balancing point, and I may well give it a whirl.

I was going to suggest that you watch the tilted video, but that could take you dangerously way beyond the tipping point and you may have to commit to spending 60-90 minutes watching her at Glastonbury

20 minutes ago, GMF said:

I was going to suggest that you watch the tilted video, but that could take you dangerously way beyond the tipping point and you may have to commit to spending 60-90 minutes watching her at Glastonbury

Hello GMF,

I saw a clip of the Tilted video when it was playing, as I had my computer in the kitchen. I think I'll go and watch the whole thing now. Thank you. Watching at Glastonbury this year may be a little difficult, as I'm not going. If you are, then I wish you a nice dry good one. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Her performance on the other stage in 2016 was one of the highlights of the festival for me. Really hope the strong rumour is true!

Me too, I’ll be front and centre. Long term fan👍

I just utterly j'adore Chris. This is delightful news

Recent'y bought the Chris album on vinyl which includes both English and French versions; it's ace.

Great news. I ‘m fine with not watching a Pyramid headliner all weekend as long as I have a couple of big artists that bring me to the iconic pyramid at other points - Kylie, Chris and Janet Jackson would be perfect.

10 hours ago, SighMo said:

Recent'y bought the Chris album on vinyl which includes both English and French versions; it's ace.

Awaiting delivery of this, wondered why it was a double! 

I am so chuffed. I absolutely adore her. Both albums are tremendous.

2 hours ago, zico martin said:

Think i love her and everything she stands for more than the music tbh. Amazing in 2016 in the rain though!

Saw her in 2016. Didn’t care about the rain. So hope she’s there this year

2016 at the end of tilted She exclaimed “the sun ez coming back, twisted twisted people have the right for the sun!’  The sun made an all too brief appearance as she finished her set.  One of the festival highlights for us. 

As I type this I am watching that performance. I’ve kept all the bbc coverage on my sky planner. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s the Chris album purchased and downloaded. It’s terrific, really hoping the SR becomes a reality. 

Me too....as excited about seeing these as I was XX last time. 

17 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Me too....as excited about seeing these as I was XX last time. 

And I am so chuffed that she wrote my name all over the cd cover!