Jump to content
Jay.driscoll

Christine and the Queens

Recommended Posts

Anyone listen to BBC Radio 2 this morning? Christine and the Queens played live....  Zoe Ball made a big hint that they will be playing this year and she didn’t deny... was very close to a self confirm! 

 

Really hope so as her set two years ago was amazing and her live shows are so good! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't hear them on Radio 2 this morning, but heard them for the very first time ever this afternoon. The song Tilted came on while I was washing up in the kitchen. It got me kind of dancing, if rocking from one side to the other can actually be considered dancing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I didn't hear them on Radio 2 this morning, but heard them for the very first time ever this afternoon. The song Tilted came on while I was washing up in the kitchen. It got me kind of dancing, if rocking from one side to the other can actually be considered dancing. 

You should try that whole album. It is phenomenal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, themuel said:

You should try that whole album. It is phenomenal. 

Do you want to dent my lack of musical credentials!?  Actually, thanks for the suggestion, as it may well just tip me over the balancing point, and I may well give it a whirl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Do you want to dent my lack of musical credentials!?  Actually, thanks for the suggestion, as it may well just tip me over the balancing point, and I may well give it a whirl.

I was going to suggest that you watch the tilted video, but that could take you dangerously way beyond the tipping point and you may have to commit to spending 60-90 minutes watching her at Glastonbury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GMF said:

I was going to suggest that you watch the tilted video, but that could take you dangerously way beyond the tipping point and you may have to commit to spending 60-90 minutes watching her at Glastonbury

Hello GMF,

I saw a clip of the Tilted video when it was playing, as I had my computer in the kitchen. I think I'll go and watch the whole thing now. Thank you. Watching at Glastonbury this year may be a little difficult, as I'm not going. If you are, then I wish you a nice dry good one. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Her performance on the other stage in 2016 was one of the highlights of the festival for me. Really hope the strong rumour is true!

Me too, I’ll be front and centre. Long term fan👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just utterly j'adore Chris. This is delightful news

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recent'y bought the Chris album on vinyl which includes both English and French versions; it's ace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news. I ‘m fine with not watching a Pyramid headliner all weekend as long as I have a couple of big artists that bring me to the iconic pyramid at other points - Kylie, Chris and Janet Jackson would be perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SighMo said:

Recent'y bought the Chris album on vinyl which includes both English and French versions; it's ace.

Awaiting delivery of this, wondered why it was a double! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so chuffed. I absolutely adore her. Both albums are tremendous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zico martin said:

Think i love her and everything she stands for more than the music tbh. Amazing in 2016 in the rain though!

Saw her in 2016. Didn’t care about the rain. So hope she’s there this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2016 at the end of tilted She exclaimed “the sun ez coming back, twisted twisted people have the right for the sun!’  The sun made an all too brief appearance as she finished her set.  One of the festival highlights for us. 

As I type this I am watching that performance. I’ve kept all the bbc coverage on my sky planner. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s the Chris album purchased and downloaded. It’s terrific, really hoping the SR becomes a reality. 

Me too....as excited about seeing these as I was XX last time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Me too....as excited about seeing these as I was XX last time. 

And I am so chuffed that she wrote my name all over the cd cover! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...