SomeoneListeningIn

All Points East Festival 2020

6 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

The reason that our numbers are the way they are is because we're not testing in the same way they are. The numbers cannot be trusted.

Yeah they definitely can't be. My county has 4 reported cases according to the search on the BBC, I know for a fact it's much more than that in my city alone.

Obviously it's just one person's view (albeit a respected medical professor) but his verdict is as follows: 

“I think it will dip in the summer, towards the end of June, and come back in November, in the way that usual seasonal flu does.

Very encouraging EOTR-wise :)

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Obviously it's just one person's view (albeit a respected medical professor) but his verdict is as follows: 

“I think it will dip in the summer, towards the end of June, and come back in November, in the way that usual seasonal flu does.

Very encouraging EOTR-wise :)

I had a conversation today with someone who works in one of London’s main hospitals who said similar. He also wondered if large gatherings in late summer should happen at all. 

14 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

I had a conversation today with someone who works in one of London’s main hospitals who said similar. He also wondered if large gatherings in late summer should happen at all. 

Sorry, ignore last post, wrong forum...

Just be responsible folks. Forget about missing a festival. I decided a couple of weeks ago not to go to Ash and I'm keeping the ticket, because I don't want others putting people at risk. It's not worth the risk.

• Upvote 2

If there was any doubt about this going ahead I think that the governments announcement just confirmed them. Oh well, almost certainly for the best, but it is going to be a long summer....

At least one member of Kraftwerk and Iggy Pop are over 70. That day can't go ahead. 

I wonder why they have not yet announced a cancellation, waiting for the nod from the insurance company? 

20 hours ago, Guy Honeymoon said:

At least one member of Kraftwerk and Iggy Pop are over 70. That day can't go ahead. 

I wonder why they have not yet announced a cancellation, waiting for the nod from the insurance company? 

Almost certainly.

With Bearded and Big Weekend both postponing/cancelling, really can't see this happening.

Any chance it could  be postponed though?

Yeah can't see this going ahead in May, a postponement would be nice though to be honest but I don't think that'd be very likely, I'm happy I haven't bought anything more than a ticket for all points east yet though...

Would probably imagine cancellation would be more favourable to them. They're not an independent festival so im sure the financial loss from cancellation wouldn't be causing them too much stress.

On 3/16/2020 at 7:50 PM, dentalplan said:

There goes that Talking Heads reunion they'd saved til last.

No once in a lifetime summer for us as the 2020 gig schedule is on a road to nowhere.

… self-assuredly as lame as possible.

At this point there are no signals that Aug / Sep would be any better, so I think they will just cancel. Would be too much of a risk to postpone to end of August, and then cancel. 

44 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Why isn’t this cancelled yet?

If Primavera is trying to move to August maybe that will give them confidence to pull a similiar move considering the number of shared acts?

I've been shouted at in the streets for walking too close to someone else.

I think it will take a long time before concerts (and promoting them) become socially acceptable again.

It is difficult for me to understand those that were concerned by one-off events 2-3 months from now (e.g. Glastonbury), unless it is their job. We've already lost two months of good local shows and the damage is already going on.

1 hour ago, emmanuel said:

I've been shouted at in the streets for walking too close to someone else.

I think it will take a long time before concerts (and promoting them) become socially acceptable again.

It is difficult for me to understand those that were concerned by one-off events 2-3 months from now (e.g. Glastonbury), unless it is their job. We've already lost two months of good local shows and the damage is already going on.

We got used to a completely unthinkable concept of social distancing in the space of 7 days, which shows how adaptable humans are.

If we can do that in a week, we can adapt back in a short time too.

• Upvote 3

On 3/24/2020 at 10:22 AM, stocky3000 said:

If Primavera is trying to move to August maybe that will give them confidence to pull a similiar move considering the number of shared acts?

I imagine this is why the delay. There looks to be little doubt it won’t happen in May it’s just a question of whether it’s a postponement or a cancellation. 

Possible council thing as well. They only have that park for ten days - don't know if they're allowed to move that ten days across the summer.

• Upvote 1

Still think AEG will try to merge BST and APE into one location for the August Bank Holiday weekend.. 

Sure there are questions over PJ / Taylor / Kendrick for BST, so maybe move the full APE line up to weekend 2 of Hyde Park with more of a festival feel. 

Pretty sure it’s still too big a risk to do anything this year, but they must being trying to sort something out and they won’t want their events to clash either. 

8 minutes ago, jr1312 said:

Announcement tomorrow 10am

Did your source imply if more likely to be postponed or cancelled?