All Points East Festival 2020

49 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

The government have already said that they don’t believe cancelling large outdoor events will have much impact. You may see some quite firm advice that more vulnerable people don’t attend but I would be very surprised if much gets cancelled. 

Fair enough but this government is pretty incompetent so wouldn’t trust anything say (they were saying it was ok to fly to Lombardy until last night) and as night follows day they will change their mind...evolving circumstances yadda yadda.

1 hour ago, sadimmock said:

The government have already said that they don’t believe cancelling large outdoor events will have much impact. You may see some quite firm advice that more vulnerable people don’t attend but I would be very surprised if much gets cancelled. 

Yet the same government are seemingly fairly keen for.the some of the football season to play out behind closed doors. If football goes that way with the season running til mid may then I cant see this going ahead 

With cases in that part of London, this may well be one of the events effected if cancelling events becomes a policy 🙁 But at the end of the day better safe then sorry, If a few people are saved by cancelling events then that has to be a good thing even if it is a little annoying. I guess we will have a better idea in a week or so, If cases continue to increase and more importantly the numbers start to ramp up then there may be no other alternative but to take some sort of action regards gatherings. At the moment, I am not looking much further then the few upcoming concerts I have booked in the next week weeks. Everyone I actually get to go to is a bonus at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Dales said:

With cases in that part of London, this may well be one of the events effected if cancelling events becomes a policy 🙁 But at the end of the day better safe then sorry, If a few people are saved by cancelling events then that has to be a good thing even if it is a little annoying. I guess we will have a better idea in a week or so, If cases continue to increase and more importantly the numbers start to ramp up then there may be no other alternative but to take some sort of action regards gatherings. At the moment, I am not looking much further then the few upcoming concerts I have booked in the next week weeks. Everyone I actually get to go to is a bonus at the moment.

The numbers will definitely ramp within a week sadly. The numbers are doubling every couple of days. We are at 270. Will easily be at 1,000, if not several thousand by then.

27 minutes ago, VanderlyleTea said:

The government are meeting today to discuss the possibility of the cancellation of large gatherings. I doubt much which change immediately but they may well have a clearer decision by the end of the day.

if they do, I suspect it'll be for something like a month, so for the moment I reckon most festivals are safe.

12 minutes ago, VanderlyleTea said:

Gonna start panic buying APE tickets

No need, unlike hand sanatiser there is no rush to get them. Even in the current climate APE tickets must be one of the few things that no one will panic buy. Even when they love the headliner, no one actually runs out and buys a ticket.

4 minutes ago, Dales said:

No need, unlike hand sanatiser there is no rush to get them. Even in the current climate APE tickets must be one of the few things that no one will panic buy. Even when they love the headliner, no one actually runs out and buys a ticket.

Maybe not panic-buying but I imagine a very high percentage of casual APE festival attendees will assume that May is a long way away and that the festival will still go ahead just fine. So ticket sales should continue.

Little do they know that they are unlikely to ever use those tickets...