All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

What 16 year old is going to come all the way to London, book a hotel, or whatever just to see the kooks?

I live nearby which means I could probably decide to go to APE a few hours before, but if you don’t live local it’s not exactly an easy festival to do on the cheap.

not like London is one of the biggest cities in the world or anything...

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

They gave away tickets for four days of one year, and two of those days it was fairly limited. Didn’t happen at all 2018. I doubt it will happen 2020 as that’s just a terrible business model.

It has been going 2 years. They have given away tickets for both of those years.

It did in fact also happen in 2018. Got tickets for 3 nights free (and don't work in the industry or anything).

And will happen in 2020 too....

I’m not specifically talking about The Kooks day but I disagree with the its London so it’s fine comments.

Whilst London does have great reach with its population and transport links it doesn’t  mean things will sell regardless, you literally have hundreds of other thing’s competing for the Londoners attention on any given night let alone the amount of day festivals it has during the summer. I was going to do one of the £2.50 days last year but it was on the same day as Camden Rocks and the Champions League final so I chose not to.

6 hours ago, xxialac said:

It has been going 2 years. They have given away tickets for both of those years.

It did in fact also happen in 2018. Got tickets for 3 nights free (and don't work in the industry or anything).

And will happen in 2020 too....

It definitely didn’t happen on a large scale in 2018 then. There was no mention of it at the time on a certain festival-obsessed website so that one is hardly damning.

4 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

The Kooks are still around? 

To be fair to them, they managed to pull a decent crowd when they headlined community despite being a dull live band.

With the current indie resurgence that seems to be taking place, I wouldn't be surprised if this one sells okay.

what are people reckoning to Vampire Weekend being on the second weekend? (sorry if its been discussed already) I figure could happen as aren't those days often supposedly "curated" by the artist? V.W support a lot of up and coming acts etc. Also are close with Bon Iver / Vernon who played last year.  Although in a time crisis episode from last year E. mentioned turning down some fests for reasons that "go beyond a paycheck" (along those lines). Maybe the big American Express, samsung, big corp presence is a turn off . 

Edited by Jne___

55 minutes ago, Jne___ said:

what are people reckoning to Vampire Weekend being on the second weekend? (sorry if its been discussed already) I figure could happen as aren't those days often supposedly "curated" by the artist? V.W support a lot of up and coming acts etc. Also are close with Bon Iver / Vernon who played last year.  Although in a time crisis episode from last year E. mentioned turning down some fests for reasons that "go beyond a paycheck" (along those lines). Maybe the big American Express, samsung, big corp presence is a turn off . 

Think they are only available the first weekend but could still play I reckon 

1 minute ago, DarthSaul said:

They're hardly going to call their own lineup that they're trying to sell tickets for INDIE MEDIOCRITY are they 

They could market it in a different way that doesn't open themselves up to mockery e.g. the broader festival experience, band revival aspect, rather than positioning these bands as among the best the indie scene has produced.