Jump to content
SomeoneListeningIn

All Points East Festival 2020

Recommended Posts

Strokes announced shows this month in Berlin and Paris, with a Belfast one leaked on the venue's website for 6 days after Paris (suggesting a London show). Reckon thats APE out (someone on the thread for them to return) and maybe Reading too. Surely no finsbury anymore too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, gfa said:

Strokes announced shows this month in Berlin and Paris, with a Belfast one leaked on the venue's website for 6 days after Paris (suggesting a London show). Reckon thats APE out (someone on the thread for them to return) and maybe Reading too. Surely no finsbury anymore too

I'm pretty sure it's possible to do a tiny show in February and then a big show o or festival in the summer. Really doesn't rule them out of anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, gfa said:

Strokes announced shows this month in Berlin and Paris, with a Belfast one leaked on the venue's website for 6 days after Paris (suggesting a London show). Reckon thats APE out (someone on the thread for them to return) and maybe Reading too. Surely no finsbury anymore too

I saw that! really hoping they play a london show that isnt o2 hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Henry Sullivan said:

I saw that! really hoping they play a london show that isnt o2 hahaha

I would imagine they would be quiet good at the O2. I think the sound has been pretty good at all the O2 shows I have ever been to and you do get a great atmosphere in there. It's so much better then the large barn that is Wembley Arena.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dales said:

I would imagine they would be quiet good at the O2. I think the sound has been pretty good at all the O2 shows I have ever been to and you do get a great atmosphere in there. It's so much better then the large barn that is Wembley Arena.

At least at Wembley you can go for a smoke and the transportation options aren't one packed tube line or a boat, I'd rather avoid both if I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dales said:

I would imagine they would be quiet good at the O2. I think the sound has been pretty good at all the O2 shows I have ever been to and you do get a great atmosphere in there. It's so much better then the large barn that is Wembley Arena.

yeah i like the o2 just i went to see LG there in november and the queues to get in were ridiculous, i would love to see them at the roundhouse or brixton but i know thats unrealistic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jump said:

At least at Wembley you can go for a smoke and the transportation options aren't one packed tube line or a boat, I'd rather avoid both if I can.

I am lucky as the O2 is not that far from me and so the end of the night is a quick black taxi ride home. It does make a huge difference to a night out if its in your part of town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, 19liam75 said:

apparently its the roundhouse, someone in glasto thread has said

That should see a boost to the Roundhouse membership schemes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gfa said:

Strokes announced shows this month in Berlin and Paris, with a Belfast one leaked on the venue's website for 6 days after Paris (suggesting a London show). Reckon thats APE out (someone on the thread for them to return) and maybe Reading too. Surely no finsbury anymore too

I swear the strokes played last years APE? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Dales said:

That should see a boost to the Roundhouse membership schemes.

  • Priority booking is not guaranteed for shows at the Roundhouse. We always aim to secure priority booking for Roundhouse members. However, most music gigs staged at the Roundhouse are a commercial hire arrangement with a promoter. It is ultimately within the promoter’s discretion to offer a Members’ Priority Booking. Therefore, priority booking cannot be guaranteed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ArchieKingham2001 said:

I swear the strokes played last years APE? 

Yeah, there's been a pretty redundant debate as to whether they might play when in reality there is almost zero chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 19liam75 said:

apparently its the roundhouse, someone in glasto thread has said

Would make sense with Vension - that was my first guess too! Luckily a friend has a membership!!

 

12 minutes ago, ArchieKingham2001 said:

I swear the strokes played last years APE? 

They did but someone was predicting it 😕 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:
  • Priority booking is not guaranteed for shows at the Roundhouse. We always aim to secure priority booking for Roundhouse members. However, most music gigs staged at the Roundhouse are a commercial hire arrangement with a promoter. It is ultimately within the promoter’s discretion to offer a Members’ Priority Booking. Therefore, priority booking cannot be guaranteed.

Fingers crossed as a friend has it 🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dales said:

I am lucky as the O2 is not that far from me and so the end of the night is a quick black taxi ride home. It does make a huge difference to a night out if its in your part of town.

I live in Greenwich so the O2 is a 20 minute bus journey home for me. It's great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I live in Greenwich so the O2 is a 20 minute bus journey home for me. It's great.

Nice, certainly beats the crush of the tube. I know its not popular with a lot of people but if you live in that area of London its pretty good to have big name artists on your door step and a quick journey home 🙂

O2 priority also makes it even better,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dales said:

Nice, certainly beats the crush of the tube. I know its not popular with a lot of people but if you live in that area of London its pretty good to have big name artists on your door step and a quick journey home 🙂

O2 priority also makes it even better,

One of my favourite evening games is trying to work out who's on at the O2 going by the people on the tube...

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gfa said:

Strokes announced shows this month in Berlin and Paris, with a Belfast one leaked on the venue's website for 6 days after Paris (suggesting a London show). Reckon thats APE out (someone on the thread for them to return) and maybe Reading too. Surely no finsbury anymore too

I'm surprised a London show wasn't announced along with the last minute Berlin/Paris/Belfast trio. Or any more cities for that matter. But then they do seem to do short bursts of touring, judging by their recent announcement for a few West Coast US dates in quick succession. 

11 hours ago, incident said:

Oxegen 2008 and 2009 both had Kings of Leon headlining.

Or a more direct comparison to APE would be that Hard Rock Calling (as it was) had Springsteen in both 2012 and 2013

Kings of Leon also did Werchter in both 2008/09 and 2013/14. Probably makes sense they're being linked with it again for 2020.

And tbf Springsteen doing back-to-back Hard Rock Calling is a technical curiosity given it was done at two different venues.

Edited by charlierc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2020 at 7:02 PM, Guy Honeymoon said:

There can be no way the Strokes could play

 

 

Has there ever been a festival where an act has headlined 2 years in a row? (where that act hasn't organised the festival) 

Didn’t kasabian headline about 4/6 of the last t in the parks and then the first trnsmt- something ridiculous like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Whenever I've been to the O2 I've just had a pint in the pub after then by that time the tube is basically dead 

If I go to something there on my own I tend to drive, meaning I can leave the house half an hour before they’re due on stage (and put the kids to bed), drive to the IKEA/B&Q nearby. Park and get a 2 minute bus journey to the Dome. 

My PB is back home with a cup of tea 16 minutes after the gig ended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Aeroplane Over the Sea said:

Didn’t kasabian headline about 4/6 of the last t in the parks and then the first trnsmt- something ridiculous like that?

2010, 2012 and 2015, plus TRNSMT 2017... not quite as extensive but still a lot of visits to the Scots festivals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Whenever I've been to the O2 I've just had a pint in the pub after then by that time the tube is basically dead 

Most of us have to crush for the last train. I usually just walk fast/leave early/run to beat the queues - hasn't failed me yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Whenever I've been to the O2 I've just had a pint in the pub after then by that time the tube is basically dead 

Might be worth a go in future. Guess its difficult for me as Greenwich to Euston, where I need to go for my train back home, is a trek.

20 minutes ago, gfa said:

Most of us have to crush for the last train. I usually just walk fast/leave early/run to beat the queues - hasn't failed me yet

I had a falling out with a friend after the blink-182/Frank Turner show as he ran to the back whereas I got lost trying to find and we went from potentially being at the front of the queue to the back.

But it is the better option. When I saw Muse in September, I ran to the back during the start of the final song then ran out on the final note. That worked so well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...