All Points East Festival 2020

Tame Impala are in a similar boat as LCD Soundsystem were when they reunited, in terms of London appearances.

LCD: 2016, played Lovebox; 2017, played two shows at Ally Pally (20,800); 2018, played APE

Tame Impala: 2018, played Citadel; 2019, played The O2 (20,000); 2020, playing APE

The difference is that by the shows at Ally Pally, LCD already had the album out whereas this will be Tame Impala's first show with new material. Also, Tame Impala are playing a festival almost double the size and price as Citadel. Interesting to see the crowd size they pull

42 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Tame Impala are in a similar boat as LCD Soundsystem were when they reunited, in terms of London appearances.

LCD: 2016, played Lovebox; 2017, played two shows at Ally Pally (20,800); 2018, played APE

Tame Impala: 2018, played Citadel; 2019, played The O2 (20,000); 2020, playing APE

The difference is that by the shows at Ally Pally, LCD already had the album out whereas this will be Tame Impala's first show with new material. Also, Tame Impala are playing a festival almost double the size and price as Citadel. Interesting to see the crowd size they pull

And they were giving away tickets for Citadel, although the undercard is already stronger than their Citadel show...

17 minutes ago, Harry_W01 said:

Tame Impala UK exclusive is disappointing, I'm hoping it's a UK festival exclusive as I was hoping they'd do a few days in the UK next year, on another hand if I handle my finances well next year I am tempted to go. do tickets for APE normally sell out? if so how quickly? 

They have only sold out one day of each of the past two years; The Strokes and Nick Cave. Tickets for four of the other days last year ended up being given away free or being sold very cheaply in large quantities, but I very much doubt it will be the case for Tame Impala on a UK exclusive (it is a UK exclusive and not a festival exclusive btw). Nevertheless, you will have time to sit and weigh it up. It's a good festival and the lineup will no doubt keep getting better.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

To be honest I very much doubt the only UK show line will hold out come the end of the year. Can't believe they're only going to play a solitary gig within the 12 months of the album dropping. 

Realistically, it's only got to be their only UK show announced before the end of May for APE to reap reward. They'll have been and gone if they announce a tour for later in the year in June.

32 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

To be honest I very much doubt the only UK show line will hold out come the end of the year. Can't believe they're only going to play a solitary gig within the 12 months of the album dropping. 

totally plausible that there will be TAME IMPALA UK TOUR posters slapped up everywhere on the day, for this time next year.

9 minutes ago, DR OK said:

I'm guessing they'll pop up at Glastonbury a couple of weeks later - being listed as a 'special guest' until after they've played APE and will do an Arena tour later in the year. 

Whilst I really hope they'll do Glastonbury I'm not convinced it will happen, they've played 2 of the last 3 festivals,  I am still super convinced that they'll play R&L

55 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

They could play UK shows early-2021 and their word stays bond. This album tour is probably going to be spread across seven years so I don’t see the rush (lol).

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Harry_W01 said:

Whilst I really hope they'll do Glastonbury I'm not convinced it will happen, they've played 2 of the last 3 festivals,  I am still super convinced that they'll play R&L

It literally says UK Exclusive there is no way they are playing R&L and to be honest its probably for the best the APE audience suits them way more than Reading's

31 minutes ago, gfa said:

It literally says UK Exclusive there is no way they are playing R&L and to be honest its probably for the best the APE audience suits them way more than Reading's

It'll suit 75% of the audience, 50% which paid full price and 25% that paid £5... the remaining 25% will be people getting in for free/£5 just for a day of drinks (Two times I've been I've seen groups that don't even know who's playing)

25 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Tame Impala have already toured quite a bit over the past couple of years so I'm not expecting this to be a huge sell out, but I think it'll do alright with a strong undercard.

I'd fully expect them to announce a January 2021 arena tour the second next year's festivals are finished.

Spot on.

28 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I'm not. As I said somewhere else, they didn't play it once on the Currents cycle and it was apparently his best album, so why would that change?

I don't think R&L is the market for Tame any more.

Yep, as big as they are I don't believe I've ever heard a song of theirs. Didnt even know it was a he and not a they until this second ?. Now granted I'm not Readings audience any more but I've still some knowledge of all the newer headliners coming through.