All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Wonder if any of the acts will end up doing their own shows later in the year. Was quite looking forward to that Thom Yorke set, and you'd think Tame Impala would still want to promote their new album with a show

Yeah, was feeling a bit fed up about the lost shows.

But then realised that all the bands still want to tour and the audience is still there for it - so surely everything will effectively get postponed rather than cancelled.

58 minutes ago, gfa said:

Also not sure if anyone suggested this before but does anyone else think Thom was on his own day but they moved him knowing sales would be awful if it was announced with the coronavirus threat (at that point when he was announced it was starting to get big)

I can’t say for certain but I would be confident that nobody else thinks that happened.

They only had one headliner (Tame Impala) that was on a peak supporting their new album. All others have played (and will play) the same material again, so it fells logical to just cancel. I actually doubt these will be on again next year.

44 minutes ago, emmanuel said:

They only had one headliner (Tame Impala) that was on a peak supporting their new album. All others have played (and will play) the same material again, so it fells logical to just cancel. I actually doubt these will be on again next year.

Bombay bicycle club also on a new album 

I imagine Tame will do an arena tour in winter to support the new album, then they could potentially be rebooked and announced straight after that. 

They absolutely need to get The Black Keys for 2021, what a booking that would be. Still no UK dates for the new album.

31 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

There's no chance Tame Impala are headlining anything after they do a tour. 

I would agree but this summer they were doing just the one European festival, so it's easily assumed they would be doing more festivals in 2021 as well as their own dates earlier on in the year. So it would stand to reason that they already have competing festival shows (Latitude, my pick) lined up and can't defer this one.

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I would agree but this summer they were doing just the one European festival, so it's easily assumed they would be doing more festivals in 2021 as well as their own dates earlier on in the year. So it would stand to reason that they already have competing festival shows (Latitude, my pick) lined up and can't defer this one.

I reckon they'll sub Glasto.