All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

Still think AEG will try to merge BST and APE into one location for the August Bank Holiday weekend.. 

Sure there are questions over PJ / Taylor / Kendrick for BST, so maybe move the full APE line up to weekend 2 of Hyde Park with more of a festival feel. 

Pretty sure it’s still too big a risk to do anything this year, but they must being trying to sort something out and they won’t want their events to clash either. 

12 hours ago, xxialac said:

We got used to a completely unthinkable concept of social distancing in the space of 7 days, which shows how adaptable humans are.

have we?

I went to the post office yesterday. The people who cared the least about invading other people's safe distances were the w*nkers wearing masks.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

is it? where's that news?

Not on their webite, not on their twitter, not on their facebook.

Are you posting bullshit? Why are you posting bullshit?

Pretty sure he’s posted reliable stuff before.  Probably an imminent announcement 

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Do you think this festival will come back? Dunno how many more hard knocks APE can take.

The aim is at the moment is that it will, they still had another year in contract with the council so would assume that this will just roll over so it becomes 2021 and 2022

37 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I'd expect them to persist, given deep financial backing and the license with the council for the site.

If anything they might do better next year with less competition around, as presumably some festivals will sadly go under.

There’ll be many more acts on the road next summer too. Let’s not forget that they had offers out for Nine Inch Nails and Arcade Fire - the former almost certain to be touring and the latter significantly more likely than they would have been this year. Unless the impact of the event cancellations absolutely obliterates AEG Live then I think it’ll be business as usual.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

There’ll be many more acts on the road next summer too. Let’s not forget that they had offers out for Nine Inch Nails and Arcade Fire - the former almost certain to be touring and the latter significantly more likely than they would have been this year. Unless the impact of the event cancellations absolutely obliterates AEG Live then I think it’ll be business as usual.

When it comes to taking stock AEG will look at the summer as a whole and balance things accordingly 

I reckon AEG might cut it though as even though they are huge like the need to stabilise after such a disruptive summer.

Also not sure if anyone suggested this before but does anyone else think Thom was on his own day but they moved him knowing sales would be awful if it was announced with the coronavirus threat (at that point when he was announced it was starting to get big)