All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

10 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Festickets are really pushing ticket insurance, (£15!!) highlighting that you get a refund in case of cancellation.. surely all points east would refund regardless ? (I just booked without paying the insurance 😬

Full refunds will be made definitely.

6 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

The reason that our numbers are the way they are is because we're not testing in the same way they are. The numbers cannot be trusted.

Yeah they definitely can't be. My county has 4 reported cases according to the search on the BBC, I know for a fact it's much more than that in my city alone.

Obviously it's just one person's view (albeit a respected medical professor) but his verdict is as follows: 

“I think it will dip in the summer, towards the end of June, and come back in November, in the way that usual seasonal flu does.

Very encouraging EOTR-wise :)

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Obviously it's just one person's view (albeit a respected medical professor) but his verdict is as follows: 

“I think it will dip in the summer, towards the end of June, and come back in November, in the way that usual seasonal flu does.

Very encouraging EOTR-wise :)

I had a conversation today with someone who works in one of London’s main hospitals who said similar. He also wondered if large gatherings in late summer should happen at all. 

I've been shouted at in the streets for walking too close to someone else.

I think it will take a long time before concerts (and promoting them) become socially acceptable again.

It is difficult for me to understand those that were concerned by one-off events 2-3 months from now (e.g. Glastonbury), unless it is their job. We've already lost two months of good local shows and the damage is already going on.

1 hour ago, emmanuel said:

I've been shouted at in the streets for walking too close to someone else.

I think it will take a long time before concerts (and promoting them) become socially acceptable again.

It is difficult for me to understand those that were concerned by one-off events 2-3 months from now (e.g. Glastonbury), unless it is their job. We've already lost two months of good local shows and the damage is already going on.

We got used to a completely unthinkable concept of social distancing in the space of 7 days, which shows how adaptable humans are.

If we can do that in a week, we can adapt back in a short time too.

• Upvote 3

On 3/24/2020 at 10:22 AM, stocky3000 said:

If Primavera is trying to move to August maybe that will give them confidence to pull a similiar move considering the number of shared acts?

I imagine this is why the delay. There looks to be little doubt it won’t happen in May it’s just a question of whether it’s a postponement or a cancellation.