All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

Just now, Mcbatesman said:

Only Bournemouth and Leeds extra this time round, I tried get standing tickets to Birmingham/London /Manchester the day they were released last time and couldn't 

Maybe they came back on sale, because I distinctly remember Birmingham still had standing on sale late in the day as someone was remarking upon it, I think, in relation to them being announced to headline Download before that tour happened.

But whichever way, them announcing a bigger tour than the last one should seem lofty to anyone.

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe they came back on sale, because I distinctly remember Birmingham still had standing on sale late in the day as someone was remarking upon it, I think, in relation to them being announced to headline Download before that tour happened.

But whichever way, them announcing a bigger tour than the last one should seem lofty to anyone.

It’s possible they released production/guess list tixs which normally happens a week or less before the show, it’s one of the things I look out for when tying to get tixs for a sold out show.

On 3/11/2020 at 10:24 AM, Tuna said:

Very surprised they're not on the summer circuit, but given current events, that might have come into their consideration - think I saw something on here that they were only finalising details a couple of weeks ago. 

From interviews the other day, it sounds like it was always Biffy's plan to do their own autumn shows.

On 3/11/2020 at 10:30 AM, dentalplan said:

That’s an ambitious tour for Biffy Clyro in 2020.

I'm more surprised by their European dates - seems like they're doing theatres or convention centres everywhere other than Germany, which seems to be in arenas.

On 3/10/2020 at 2:51 PM, xxialac said:

I'll duck out of here then. A more mature way of disagreeing with my view of the likelihood of this event being cancelled would have been to engage with me in discussion or not to reply...but there you go.

Please do feel free to check back in a week and we will see if this is a full blown crisis or not, as is predicted not by me but by those with scientific expertise. I'm sure if people look to what is happening in Italy they can see that this is coming our way too and it will not be readily contained, as some on here are suggesting.

Turns out....you might have been right....

Apologies from me. In hindsight, it appears your proclamations can even be seen as a little too optimistic!

What an extraordinary time to be alive....

2 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

It’ll be postponed, my bet would be on August bank holiday into the first weekend in September

Isn't the current set-up deliberately timed to be in half-term to not piss-off the many close residents? So I can't really see it moving to a school week.

Unfortunately I think most events are likely to quit rather than reschedule because if every event did it, the bands - and infrastructure too - will need to be in three places at once. 

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Isn't the current set-up deliberately timed to be in half-term to not piss-off the many close residents? So I can't really see it moving to a school week.

Unfortunately I think most events are likely to quit rather than reschedule because if every event did it, the bands - and infrastructure too - will need to be in three places at once. 

Good point. With the bank Holiday late this year, maybe the week before would be preferable. 

I’d bet my house on a reschedule over a cancellation for this though, with Coachella as it’s ‘sister’ festival. It may even open the door for the decent final headliner they seem to have been searching for! 

3 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Good point. With the bank Holiday late this year, maybe the week before would be preferable. 

I’d bet my house on a reschedule over a cancellation for this though, with Coachella as it’s ‘sister’ festival. It may even open the door for the decent final headliner they seem to have been searching for! 

If I didn't need my house for my family to live in, I would take that bet. I think a cancellation is more likely than a rescheduling. I realise we are now currently living in unprecedented times. However, I feel a rescheduling would be logistical nightmare. Let alone when this 'crisis' will blow over.

How about a tenner bet for charity? If I win, you donate to a charity of my choice, and if you win, I donate to a charity of yours? :)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, retromoz said:

If I didn't need my house for my family to live in, I would take that bet. I think a cancellation is more likely than a rescheduling. I realise we are now currently living in unprecedented times. However, I feel a rescheduling would be logistical nightmare. Let alone when this 'crisis' will blow over.

How about a tenner bet for charity? If I win, you donate to a charity of my choice, and if you win, I donate to a charity of yours? :)

I’ll do a tenner for charity on that. Very good idea, I quite like my house too

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, retromoz said:

Turns out....you might have been right....

Apologies from me. In hindsight, it appears your proclamations can even be seen as a little too optimistic!

What an extraordinary time to be alive....

That’s crazy nice of you to write that, my friend. I did get a bit of a barrage...

On the other hand no single ‘proclamation’ was really my own, I was only passing on the evolving views of the scientists

My comments had been positive for so long about APE, which had scheduled some superb bills this year.  I was frustrated to have ended up such a downer on this and above all sad that all on here won’t get to have early season happy vibes in the sun together. Stay safe out there! 

• Upvote 2

Everyone's been saying expected peak is May/June, which was the plan. But the numbers from the last few days suggest we'll catch up with Italy in 10-15 days. It's looking very unlikely but I have some glimmer of hope this could all be on the mend by late May. More worried about my A Levels than this though have to admit!