All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Nip on here, try and shut down my right to express myself freely despite this being - you know - a forum for discussion and the reason this part of the site exists , then go on the attack and try and turn this bizarrely into a gender issue (how can I be mansplaining when I had no idea what gender you are?), then exit the conversation. 

Nice one.

You need to chill about the virus on here. I’m sure there’s lots of forums for that discussion. 
‘It’s a full blown crisis’ is exactly the panic we are seeing from people buying shit loads of supplies. 
Yes it’s a difficult and different situation but it is something that can be contained without panic.

Lets talk about APE and who could/should be announced.

1 minute ago, VanderlyleTea said:

If it’s gonna be a female act, which would be nice/right, who do we think is ok the list of possibles?

Lana or Lizzo, though I imagine US acts are probably cautious to confirm anything at the moment. I don't think there's anyone else female and big enough around this year, even on a B-list level like Bombay/The Kooks.

Just now, jannybruck said:

Lana or Lizzo, though I imagine US acts are probably cautious to confirm anything at the moment. I don't think there's anyone else female and big enough around this year, even on a B-list level like Bombay/The Kooks.

I think Lizzo would be the only one to sell out if she was announced. I like a few songs but not bothered really but think it would be a great booking.

I'll duck out of here then. A more mature way of disagreeing with my view of the likelihood of this event being cancelled would have been to engage with me in discussion or not to reply...but there you go.

Please do feel free to check back in a week and we will see if this is a full blown crisis or not, as is predicted not by me but by those with scientific expertise. I'm sure if people look to what is happening in Italy they can see that this is coming our way too and it will not be readily contained, as some on here are suggesting.

• Downvote 3

Didn't disagree with your assessment, just your posting style across multiple threads - which btw, other users ITT have also corroborated. 

Plus, multiple people responded to you, which you ignored, so.

Edited by Tuna
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, xxialac said:

E sgouI'll duck out of here then. A more mature way of disagreeing with my view of the likelihood of this event being cancelled would have been to engage with me in discussion or not to reply...but there you go.

Please do feel free to check back in a week and we will see if this is a full blown crisis or not, as is predicted not by me but by those with scientific expertise. I'm sure if people look to what is happening in Italy they can see that this is coming our way too and it will not be readily contained, as some on here are suggesting.

Tbf, those with scientific backgrounds have actually said outdoor events are one of the safest so atm logic suggests we should be calm ish. 

(That being said I’m also ridiculously concerned Glasto will be cancelled)

24 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I'll duck out of here then. A more mature way of disagreeing with my view of the likelihood of this event being cancelled would have been to engage with me in discussion or not to reply...but there you go.

I think the main crutch of the issue is a) the relentless negativity that your posts represent and b) the fact that there is no relation to what is happening here and over in Italy. Yes, they seem to be having a shocker of a time over there. I don't know the reasons as to why the authorities cannot get a grip on the epidemic. However.....comparing Italy to the UK is like comparing Pavarotti to Radiohead. The only similarity with them being they make music. 

People were probably holding off from getting tickets anyways due to the big giveaway that was gonna happen. Your exclamations of doom isn't gonna change anyone's mind on this niche forum (a forum I like a lot. But know it's not really gonna be seen by Joe public, is it?). And besides....all the restrictions are at the moment up till early April. You don't know what the future will be. Unless you do. In which case, maybe do the lottery or something?

Course, maybe in a fortnight, when we are all knee deep in dead bodies and empty Corona bottles, you can say 'told you so'. However....why would anyone wanna be 'that' person?

I hope this doesn't come across as an attack. You have made me laugh a lot on here. And I have agreed with a lot of what you post. I just think..... maybe, tone down the doom mongery?!? X

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, retromoz said:

I think the main crutch of the issue is a) the relentless negativity that your posts represent and b) the fact that there is no relation to what is happening here and over in Italy. Yes, they seem to be having a shocker of a time over there. I don't know the reasons as to why the authorities cannot get a grip on the epidemic. However.....comparing Italy to the UK is like comparing Pavarotti to Radiohead. The only similarity with them being they make music. 

People were probably holding off from getting tickets anyways due to the big giveaway that was gonna happen. Your exclamations of doom isn't gonna change anyone's mind on this niche forum (a forum I like a lot. But know it's not really gonna be seen by Joe public, is it?). And besides....all the restrictions are at the moment up till early April. You don't know what the future will be. Unless you do. In which case, maybe do the lottery or something?

Course, maybe in a fortnight, when we are all knee deep in dead bodies and empty Corona bottles, you can say 'told you so'. However....why would anyone wanna be 'that' person?

I hope this doesn't come across as an attack. You have made me laugh a lot on here. And I have agreed with a lot of what you post. I just think..... maybe, tone down the doom mongery?!? X

That's exactly where I was at. Relentlessly saying it will be cancelled is OTT. As an opinion on a discussion forum it shouldn't be censored but the more it is repeated the less impact it has and the.less it contributes

I think this sort of discussion intersects with social media and the impact it's had on our language use online – it's meant some people become a lot more straight down the line, opinions implied as facts, and there's less of a gray area in discourse or people willing to engage in a softer approach to chatting. It can come off as quite bullish sometimes, particularly when it covers politics or topical issues – I saw it a lot during the Br*xit mess last year.

Anyway, I do hope the festival goes ahead as I had a great time last year and would love to be out in the sun with some beers watching the vast majority of these acts.

• Upvote 2

Very surprised they're not on the summer circuit, but given current events, that might have come into their consideration - think I saw something on here that they were only finalising details a couple of weeks ago. 

11 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

The last act will be one of two things, either someone has pulled out and they're scrambling to find a replacement so will put on another day like the Kooks/Wombats shitshow, or they've got an act that they're confident will sell this out without any problem (The Cure, Lizzo, etc.)

Liam Gallagher? He pops up everywhere and sells tickets. I don't want it, but we should be prepared

4 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

This is not an ambitious tour. They're an arena band playing arenas. If anything, one night in Glasgow is probably less than I'd have expected. 

The last tour was fewer arenas I’m sure and didn’t sell all out of standing. I think they’re at a lower point now than then as well. But eh, guess we’ll wait and see.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The last tour was fewer arenas I’m sure and didn’t sell all out of standing. I think they’re at a lower point now than then as well. But eh, guess we’ll wait and see.

Only Bournemouth and Leeds extra this time round, I tried get standing tickets to Birmingham/London /Manchester the day they were released last time and couldn't