All Points East Festival 2020

2 minutes ago, VanderlyleTea said:

It will take a bit longer than that, right? They have almost 4000 cases and almost 200 deaths.

You might be right but the numbers can grow in a very non-linear way. Hopefully turns out much better than forecast. We need to become a nation of OCD handwashers.

38 minutes ago, xxialac said:

You might be right but the numbers can grow in a very non-linear way. Hopefully turns out much better than forecast. We need to become a nation of OCD handwashers.

Yeah definitely! What are people doing before all this? Not washing their hands or wiping their arses? very concerning 😂

6 hours ago, xxialac said:

It’s possibly the only good thing that might come out of this is we stop being a nation of filthmerchants and learn the basics of hygiene (myself included).

OTOH it's the grubby buggers who probably have the fittest immune systems.

I would absolutely LOVE it if, as it's International Women's Day today, they announced an all female line up. Just so irrational men will be in uproar, saying 'it shouldn't matter was sex someone is, as long as they are good enough' etc, forgetting to think that it doesn't matter what sex someone is, so it doesn't matter that there is an all female line up because the artists booked are all worthy of playing, regardless of their gender.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, retromoz said:

I would absolutely LOVE it if, as it's International Women's Day today, they announced an all female line up. Just so irrational men will be in uproar, saying 'it shouldn't matter was sex someone is, as long as they are good enough' etc, forgetting to think that it doesn't matter what sex someone is, so it doesn't matter that there is an all female line up because the artists booked are all worthy of playing, regardless of their gender.

It's sometimes they way that they promote it that makes it come across like they have just booked certain acts for certain reasons, if that makes sense? 

(I'm probably going to end up getting slaughtered for this) 

14 minutes ago, VanderlyleTea said:

So I know they don’t often repeat headliners but The National (I know they’ve been mentioned) are in London on the Monday and Tuesday after the Sunday 31st. 
I could see it being The National subbed by Laura Marling, who is also in London that weekend 

So unlikely. If they were going to have repeat headliners, I doubt they'd go for a band that already has two shows that week.

I’d say this is now 80/20 to get cancelled as can foresee the government next month (if not sooner) cancelling all large gatherings, which will prompt bands to pull out - and in any case they won’t reverse the order in time.

Some really good lineups this year but May 22nd is just too soon in the festival season. 

26 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I’d say this is now 80/20 to get cancelled as can foresee the government next month (if not sooner) cancelling all large gatherings, which will prompt bands to pull out - and in any case they won’t reverse the order in time.

Some really good lineups this year but May 22nd is just too soon in the festival season. 

Makes you wonder if the good people in APE towers wouldn’t be too heartbroken given the trouble they seem to have had this year.

I don't really know. I have tickets to see The Killers in Manchester on May 30th, but I can see it being pulled. Think it'll be late April/early May when we know either way.

Certainly, I can see the event bans in some Europe countries lasting longer than the start of April, which is when I believe Italy, France, Germany and Switzerland's currently line up to.

9 hours ago, VanderlyleTea said:

So I know they don’t often repeat headliners but The National (I know they’ve been mentioned) are in London on the Monday and Tuesday after the Sunday 31st. 
I could see it being The National subbed by Laura Marling, who is also in London that weekend 

Honestly, given The National are doing their own Brixton dates, that would be a huge surprise.

8 hours ago, xxialac said:

The government have already said that they don’t believe cancelling large outdoor events will have much impact. You may see some quite firm advice that more vulnerable people don’t attend but I would be very surprised if much gets cancelled. 

9 hours ago, xxialac said:

I think it's more 50/50. Not because of the UK government banning all gatherings. Rather other acts cancelling their tours due to half their tour being cancelled because of Italy and possibly others, so they concluded it's not financially viable to come over from the US of stateside.

With the mortality rate of the older of society being over 5%, I assume Mr Iggy Pop won't risk it. Neither will Ralf Hutter off of Kraftwerk....