All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

Does anyone know if previously they've given warnings/updates if days are close to selling out?

Keen on Tame Impala day but don't have the money together right now so will need to wait a couple of weeks.

52 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Does anyone know if previously they've given warnings/updates if days are close to selling out?

Keen on Tame Impala day but don't have the money together right now so will need to wait a couple of weeks.

Can't remember them doing so but possible. Tame Impala surely won't sell out in next 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

I wonder if the panic/calm measured response (delete as appropriate) with coronavirus is hindering ticket sales at all, which mean either freebies/cheapo tick tocks all round or cancellation this year.....from what I've read, and if what I've read comes to fruition, 'they' are saying this will spread, with a peak contagious time of around 2/3 months time, then slowly die down for the next 3 months. That is peak APE time....

Now, I would never buy full price tickets for an AEG promoted event due to the Blur @ BST debacle. However.....I think, if they HAVE to get a load of cheap tickets this year because of Corona, if I HAD paid full price, I think I'd let it slide....

Course, it's still a lot if 'ifs' at the moment...

31 minutes ago, retromoz said:

I wonder if the panic/calm measured response (delete as appropriate) with coronavirus is hindering ticket sales at all, which mean either freebies/cheapo tick tocks all round or cancellation this year.....from what I've read, and if what I've read comes to fruition, 'they' are saying this will spread, with a peak contagious time of around 2/3 months time, then slowly die down for the next 3 months. That is peak APE time....

Now, I would never buy full price tickets for an AEG promoted event due to the Blur @ BST debacle. However.....I think, if they HAVE to get a load of cheap tickets this year because of Corona, if I HAD paid full price, I think I'd let it slide....

Course, it's still a lot if 'ifs' at the moment...

What was the blur @BST debacle? Lots of free tickets and annoyed full price paying pundits?

Yeah i've not bought a ticket just yet, looking for the tame day, but unsure on coronovirus/cancelling the event and the possibiity of free or cheaper tickets

50 minutes ago, wackamole said:

What was the blur @BST debacle? Lots of free tickets and annoyed full price paying pundits?

Exactly that. I paid £60 odd a ticket, then they flogged them off at a fiver. The worst thing is the method of doing it too. It was a partnership with Just Giving where, for a charitable donation, you can get a ticket. All very laudible, untill you find out the minimum donation was only £3! 

I assume a ton of youse on this forum got loads of them, and good luck to you all. I would have done too. Now, no AEG day festival event will get a full price purchase from me. 

That's the debacle. I'm angry again now! I need a Caramac....

42 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Tinariwen, Juan Atkins, Warmduscher, A Certain Ratio, and Pan Amsterdam have all been added to the Kraftwerk day

Tinariwen! Yes. Also love Warnduscher, so pretty pleased with that. Not so fussed about A Certain Ratio. Will have to investigate the rest of the line-up!

27 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Any recommendations for these? Will be going for the Kraftwerk day but can't say I've listened to any sadly.

Warmduscher are exceptional. One of the best live acts I've seen in the past year. The description I've seen which best describes them is avant-sleaze post-punk. A huge amount of fun. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JHad said:

Warmduscher are exceptional. One of the best live acts I've seen in the past year. The description I've seen which best describes them is avant-sleaze post-punk. A huge amount of fun. 

the offspring of a match made in hell between Fat White Family and Paranoid London

Sounds like a bit of me! Will give them a listen this afternoon I think

On 3/4/2020 at 11:19 AM, retromoz said:

Exactly that. I paid £60 odd a ticket, then they flogged them off at a fiver. The worst thing is the method of doing it too. It was a partnership with Just Giving where, for a charitable donation, you can get a ticket. All very laudible, untill you find out the minimum donation was only £3! 

I assume a ton of youse on this forum got loads of them, and good luck to you all. I would have done too. Now, no AEG day festival event will get a full price purchase from me. 

That's the debacle. I'm angry again now! I need a Caramac....

At least its going to charity - APE ones just fill their pockets (although their pockets were probably very empty after the sales APE has had - surely it can't have been profitable last years?)

--

To say it did sell out all 6 days last year it would have made a ridiculous amount of money considering its still running with the awful sales of 2019. Anyone know whether APE was profitable last year?

31 minutes ago, gfa said:

At least its going to charity

Yes....to a point. But, if I was a charity, and I was involved with this, I would expect a lot more honk per ticket. To only get £3 for tickets that were originally retailing for tons more than that is almost worse than nothing!

And, if the minimum donation you could give for a free ticket was around a tenner, I would grudgingly accept it. Charity gets needed funds, punters get a day of awesomeness for only a tenner, everyone is happy.

But that's the past. Now, they aren't even raising honk for charity anymore. Basically, AEG stink.

Still.....the new Disq album is out tmrw. Which is nice. :)

On 2/28/2020 at 12:10 PM, R Shah said:

They've just done an extensive UK tour, instores, and are playing Truck, Victorious and Y Not - I have a strong feeling they won't shift 45k tickets. 

Just realised bombay also played Bush Hall last month and are playing Electric Ballrorom on Sunday! Have a feeling this really isnt gonna sell well as much as I love the band :( (cant go myself cos of exams anyway!)

They haven't. They KNOW that a tour is coming, which we know already because who brings out an album without a tour? It's just a way to get people to get the album. They know a tour is happening sooner or later, so it's not like it's a risky strategy.

Ended up waiting months for Muse to properly put tickets on sale after the initial lot of cities was announced.

7 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

They haven't. They KNOW that a tour is coming, which we know already because who brings out an album without a tour? It's just a way to get people to get the album. They know a tour is happening sooner or later, so it's not like it's a risky strategy.

Ended up waiting months for Muse to properly put tickets on sale after the initial lot of cities was announced.

1975 are bringing an album out without doing a proper tour 

For those interested in the Biffy tour they are doing that register without buying the album thing to get on the pre-sale.

https://www.biffyclyro.com/?eml=2020March5%2F4933891%2F6120644&etsubid=211136977

I can't seem to find the button for registering without buying. I suggest you register on the Biffy website and they should send you a valid link. I think the go on sale date is the 11th Mar. Can't really remember as I done it last night after getting in from the  Blossoms.

Edited by Dales

15 hours ago, R Shah said:

Just realised bombay also played Bush Hall last month and are playing Electric Ballrorom on Sunday! Have a feeling this really isnt gonna sell well as much as I love the band :( (cant go myself cos of exams anyway!)

And Ally Pally, and late last year they did first album: "I had the blues but I shook them loose" in full. I know cause I went to both. But yeah not so keen on seeing them again so soon at APE.