All Points East Festival 2020

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

yep, it's certainly possible. If LDR phoned Emily and asked if she could book other shows, Emily would say yes. I happened to be speaking with Emily when she took a call from Jay-Z's people asking that many years ago.

But I guess LDR has told Emily she doesn't plan other shows for Emily to have said that.

This is interesting to know and last point makes sense.

But if I've understood right, huge acts commit to Glastonbury without knowing whether Glastonbury wants exclusive rights? Weird they don't iron that out before signing up.

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

But if I've understood right, huge acts commit to Glastonbury without knowing whether Glastonbury wants exclusive rights? Weird they don't iron that out before signing up.

I think it's perhaps the case that the biggest acts are so used to having restrictive clauses in their contracts with promoters that Jay-Z's people felt they had to double-check with Glastonbury just to be on the safe side. 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I think it's perhaps the case that the biggest acts are so used to having restrictive clauses in their contracts with promoters that Jay-Z's people felt they had to double-check with Glastonbury just to be on the safe side. 

Very helpful, makes sense - thanks for sharing.

20 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Anyone seen Thom play solo acoustic before? Any idea what Radiohead songs he might pluck out? If he’s likely to bring out some of the big guns, I may well get a ticket. 

20 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

You won't be able to tell because the sound levels will be low and everyone will be talking through it. 

I went to one in Cambridge but it was 10 years ago now it seems! 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/thom-yorke/2010/cambridge-corn-exchange-cambridge-england-3bd74410.html

(but yeah, people will talk all the way through it as people do at their own gigs so good luck at a festival where people are there for other bands.)

26 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/thom-yorke/2010/cambridge-corn-exchange-cambridge-england-3bd74410.html

(but yeah, people will talk all the way through it as people do at their own gigs so good luck at a festival where people are there for other bands.)

I can’t imagine Lotus Flower etc acoustic but great setlist.

I hope not, I’d imagine he’ll shift a shed load of tickets himself and he’ll get a good crowd of people there for him.

1 hour ago, cdm22 said:

One of the first gigs I remember, being only 10!

Thank you for bringing back the memories with that setlist. 

2 hours ago, wro_lap said:

I can’t imagine Lotus Flower etc acoustic but great setlist.

I hope not, I’d imagine he’ll shift a shed load of tickets himself and he’ll get a good crowd of people there for him.

1 hour ago, theesundayroast said:

One of the first gigs I remember, being only 10!

Thank you for bringing back the memories with that setlist. 

The whole thing seems to be here, although the quality varies somewhat 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

It's been predicted to peak in the UK in May/June.

It appears APE couldn't be timed any worse.

We can't really know until the time comes, Foals only pulled their Japanese tour like a week before.

Slipknot and MCR have dates in Japan in 3 weeks that are currently still going ahead.

We'll just have to wait and see by like mid-May, fingers crossed all will be fine though I'm sure it will be :)

4 minutes ago, R Shah said:

We can't really know until the time comes, Foals only pulled their Japanese tour like a week before.

Slipknot and MCR have dates in Japan in 3 weeks that are currently still going ahead.

We'll just have to wait and see by like mid-May, fingers crossed all will be fine ithough I'm sure it will be :)

I like your optimism.

Does depend though. Iggy Pop's tour starts on April 3 so if he's planning to pull out, he'll do it in March i.e. well before 'the time comes.

Ditto Caribou who's meant to be coming to Europe on 30 March.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Ditto Caribou who's meant to be coming to Europe on 30 March.

Caribou are already in Europe — Dan lives in London, while the rest of the band have been over rehearsing for weeks now — so they’re in the same proverbial as the UK lot. For what little it’s worth. 

3 minutes ago, stereodista said:

Caribou are already in Europe — Dan lives in London, while the rest of the band have been over rehearsing for weeks now — so they’re in the same proverbial as the UK lot. For what little it’s worth. 

Good knowledge. Surely high risk the rest of the band simply go back to their homes in Canada to sit it our when the outbreak worsens?

2 hours ago, R Shah said:

The late proximity Foals pulled their Japan dates surprised me. But given Green Day and The National have already cancelled dates later this month, I wouldn't be surprised if the Slipknot/MCR shows ended up being pulled as well.