All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

2 minutes ago, Glenn Coco said:

The majority of people buying tickets for Massive Attack I would imagine will also wanna see Thom Yorke live.

I certainly fall into that category! Still not sure I'll bother buying a ticket in advance though considering the last few years...

Thinking this could sell out pretty easily now I think theres a decent crossover of fanbase and Thom doing a different solo show to what he's been touring will convince enough people to buy. Time to stop holding out on cheap/freebies? I'd be gutted to miss this

Just now, Chaarlie said:

Thinking this could sell out pretty easily now I think theres a decent crossover of fanbase and Thom doing a different solo show to what he's been touring will convince enough people to buy. Time to stop holding out on cheap/freebies? I'd be gutted to miss this

Agreed. Was going to wait but will be buying a ticket today.

1 minute ago, wro_lap said:

Anyone seen Thom play solo acoustic before? Any idea what Radiohead songs he might pluck out? If he’s likely to bring out some of the big guns, I may well get a ticket. 

You won't be able to tell because the sound levels will be low and everyone will be talking through it. 

• Upvote 2

I know its a very different act but when Mumford did that stupid thing where they were all singing around one Mic I couldn't hear a thing. Was pretty far back and not that interested in hearing it though in fairness. Hope its not a load of chatters waiting for Karma Police and shouting for him to play Creep but I think its more than likely. Will still be a good day and I'm happy to play full price for it, Massive Attack are always great and a different kind of stripped back Thom Yorke set will be nice.

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

He has done career spanning acoustic sets before. Shouldnt Really be considered covers since theyre still his songs, just without the band. He will have a keyboard/piano/laptop and guitar. Go look up his set from latitude in 2009, itll be like that. He did an acoustic set in paris a couple years ago and played radiohead, atoms for peace and solo material.

Wish I could of seen that Latitude set, jees.

image.png.e6cd60928a8a0ad6e348768f8b2f995b.png

6 hours ago, Slugy said:

Wish I could of seen that Latitude set, jees.

image.png.e6cd60928a8a0ad6e348768f8b2f995b.png

I was in Chicago that weekend and loads of us were fuming mad at that performance Cause we couldnt be there. Its on youtube if you wanna watch it. Crowds really respectful too. Itll be interesting and the chances of new material are high

13 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Final announcement next week must be the one they're most confident in selling (Lana?) because we're into March and it's barely a few months away.

Won't be Lana del Rey because shes doing Glastonbury as her only UK fest.

8 minutes ago, VanderlyleTea said:

I’ve looked around and I genuinely can’t see any mention of it being exclusive. I may have missed it but I know it was mentioned earlier that there wasn’t any proof.

not 'exclusive' as such - Glastonbury doesn't do that - but Emily said in an interview around the time she was announced that she thought it was LDR's only UK fest.

1 minute ago, VanderlyleTea said:

Ah okay! So it’s possible she’ll be somewhere else but not likely. 

yep, it's certainly possible. If LDR phoned Emily and asked if she could book other shows, Emily would say yes. I happened to be speaking with Emily when she took a call from Jay-Z's people asking that many years ago.

But I guess LDR has told Emily she doesn't plan other shows for Emily to have said that.