All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

8 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So acoustic set is making me think perhaps it will have Radiohead covers? As usually his music is quite electronic, no?

He has done career spanning acoustic sets before. Shouldnt Really be considered covers since theyre still his songs, just without the band. He will have a keyboard/piano/laptop and guitar. Go look up his set from latitude in 2009, itll be like that. He did an acoustic set in paris a couple years ago and played radiohead, atoms for peace and solo material.

2 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Is it his own material acoustic or Radiohead do we think.

Unlike his current Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes tour, where the Radiohead frontman is accompanied by Nigel Godrich and visual artist Tarik Barr, his set at Victoria Park will see him take the stage solo – performing tracks from his own back-catalogue as well as Radiohead’s in a never-seen-before way.

Also yeah that day is very appealing to me now. A rare acoustic Thom Yorke set, Young Fathers (who I’ve not managed to see live yet and are towards the top of my bucket list) and Massive Attack is a big enough seller for me.

My girlfriend is really interested in the BBC day, and we’d both be into the Tame day so might try and make a weekend out of it.

Can't get a babysitter for the bank holiday Weekender so got my wife a ticket as her friends are already going as they're all big massive attack fans. So jealous of everyone who gets to go to this. It will be great.

Looking forward to seeing Thom Yorke in Manchester but I think this will be a bit special 

30 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So we thinking he'll be on the main stage?

Yeah, he’s the sub. 

“Thom Yorke has been announced as the sub-headliner for Massive Attack’s day at All Points East. And not Yorke backed by Radiohead, nor his usual flashy setup. Just him, solo at sundown, with a guitar and a piano, and maybe a theremin if he’s in the mood.” (Timeout)