All Points East Festival 2020

SomeoneListeningIn

Does anyone else think Halestorm could do it if it was a U.K. exclusive? They are an arena band now so can see them shifting 40,000 tix if this is their only show? Not sure they’re really the type of act to fit the bill but could be a similar type of undercard to the bring me day last year. And they’re at least female fronted if nothing else! 

17 hours ago, charlierc said:

I'd agree with that assessment in all fairness. Its the same heads at places like Truck Festival, so presumably we can think of headliners from that sort of pool.

Loyle Carner is headlining Wilderness - similar-sized event to Truck - and has just been added to APE in a non-headline slot so it's not really the free-for-all that everyone's talking about.

Kooks, Wombats and Bombay Bicycle Club might not be headlining other regional fests so that obviously doesn't reflect well but their last London tour shows each were Wembley Arena, Wembley Arena and Alexandra Palace x2 so the only thing that puts them out of the ordinary is that people here don't really want to see them.

7 hours ago, xxialac said:

If Ian Brown headlines this, the last flicker of respect for this festival I had will die out. His solo career has been an irrelevance.

All of it? 🤨

20 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Where do CHVRCHES fit in with this potentially? They're doing a Scottish 2020 exclusive at Playground Fest so I assume they're going to be doing something or other in England. This definitely seems way too big but could potentially sub someone?

I do think this would be too big a gig for them but I didn't realise that about the Scottish exclusive, and it does raise the question of where they could be announced at this point if they're elsewhere thru Glastonbury.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Kooks, Wombats and Bombay Bicycle Club might not be headlining other regional fests so that obviously doesn't reflect well but their last London tour shows each were Wembley Arena, Wembley Arena and Alexandra Palace x2 so the only thing that puts them out of the ordinary is that people here don't really want to see them.

Whats so weird is the time of the festival - APE should have left them for community half their fanbase have exams (not so much bombay although i have a friend who is gutted she can't go as its mid exams)

Kooks and Wombats together is far from weak i'd say, kooks did community last year and people were putting wombats in the frame to headline it this year - not awful at all i'd say. Bombay day is a smaller booking i'd say although theres obviously major overlap in kooks-wombats fans

On 2/29/2020 at 10:46 AM, xxialac said:

If Ian Brown headlines this, the last flicker of respect for this festival I had will die out. His solo career has been an irrelevance.

Wouldn’t call it an irrelevance at all. Obviously nowhere near the Roses but he’s had some pretty big tunes. FEAR for example was pretty big back in the day.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Wouldn’t call it an irrelevance at all. Obviously nowhere near the Roses but he’s had some pretty big tunes. FEAR for example was pretty big back in the day.

Yeah fair enough, probably was harsh. But don’t think anyone will be listening to him in 20 years unlike a lot of bands that have headlined APE.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah fair enough, probably was harsh. But don’t think anyone will be listening to him in 20 years unlike a lot of bands that have headlined APE.

Probably not to him, but they would to his band... If his sets are half Roses, half the big tunes from his solo career I could see it being pretty popular.

As long as he doesn’t bring anything from that god awful album he released last year...

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Probably not to him, but they would to his band... If his sets are half Roses, half the big tunes from his solo career I could see it being pretty popular.

As long as he doesn’t bring anything from that god awful album he released last year...

Yeah definitely. Think he only plays his own songs though including the crap of recent years.

8 hours ago, xxialac said:

Yeah definitely. Think he only plays his own songs though including the crap of recent years.

8 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’ve definitely seen him do Roses stuff in the past, this was pre-reforming. Whether he still does I couldn’t say.

Surely theres not a chance NBHD weekender booked him if he's not doing Roses songs? Like he must be as he isn't that big without them right?